First trip to up

hotrodbrett

holy. i would love to be their. k thanks. i will post again hear when the snow starts to fly. and thanks for the info. yea i know whats it is like hoping logs, rubbing rocks and that sort of stuff. i hardly ever on snowmobil trails around hear. my buddies parents and family have loging trails we ride on. just take it slow explor the area then have as much fun as a person can(witch is unlimeted some times). couple of my buddies that are cuming up with has been up their befor. but this is my first time to the up. I am also the planer for this trip. thats why i am starting now and i am just excited to actuly ride good snow. our plan now is to come up between dec 14 and jan 12 some time between their. then my brother dont miss any collage. we just cant go between dec 22 and jan 1. thats the family time. so were ever thir is a good amount of snow were are going. what kind snow depth is rideable up thir?

snoxer

hotrodbrett I am expecting my first child in the beginning of January. I know she could arrive a week early or a week late. I am hoping that if there is decent snow by the middle of December I can get one good ride in before I am limited to So Wi trails the rest of the season. My birthday is the 15th and I might have an excuse to get away for one weekend before D-day is here! Just kidding of course I am excited to have a baby girl the first week of Jan but I know my riding time will be cut down for the first couple of months after she is born out of respect for momma and of couirse I want to be there for my baby. So one quick blast to calm my nerves and get some UP riding out of my system until maybe march when I figure I might be able to get a few more trips in.

hotrodbrett

congrats on the baby. I normly take trips to upper WI and middle WI. I may take more trips though but not many. this is my second child. so far we may have 5 or 6 people going. if we do have that many we may take 2 trucks up. i have a 01 f150 crew cab and my buddie has a 00 f250 crew cab. so we maybe able to bring more if we find a trailer to tow all them. we dont mind meeting new people. whats your riding style and were are you from?

snot

Hot Rod - I've been going up the the week before Christmas the last 5-6 years. Really never had a problem getting some quality riding in but I always go to Twin Lake area that early in the season. There are some wet areas yet, and sometimes there is problems crossing the bridge in Houghton, but I have always had a good time and things are usually less expensive and less crowded.

snake

snot, glad to see your post!! Roy and I are planning that trip again, you in?? looking forward to it!! how you been?

hotrodbrett

k i pland on going to twin lakes or maybe farther north like hancock idk yet. just trying to get everything priced out. i am currently laid off so time to me dont matter its the others.

snot

Hey big snake. Been OK. Work has not been pleasurable, but a cool summer sure has. Yes, been thinking of you guys the last few weeks. I stored a few sleds for friends this summer. Got to start planning a day soon to get em delivered. Yes, I'm in for December. Hearing all kinds of crazy regarding weather this winter. How you been?

snake

hi snot! all has been well! business has been alittle slower this summer, but all in all ,can't complain. I know that I've got your emails in my inbox and i will keep in touch about the trip. look'in forward to it! talk to ya soon!

goingnorth

Both dates have the same chances of good riding.

So watch the weather and go in December. Mid-march can be touch and go as well. Eitherway if you get a good trip in Dec. maybe you can sneak away in March.

Like everybody has said it's early season riding. Expect anything. But it's always fun no matter what. We have gone on an early trip in dec for 15 years. Remember that are other areas to watch as well. Hurley-Ironwood and also Munising area to Grand Marais seem to get some good early snow.

We have been called in the Truck by the Hotel and told that things probaly are'nt going to be rideable but you never know. Needless to say the next morning there is 6-12" of new snow and we are the only ones there.

Good luck, THINK SNOW

favoritos

Man, you pick the tough times to go. Last season, the December trip. You would have seen stellar snow. The March trip would have been a warm trip. We watch the weather and plan accordingly for those times of the year. I would hate to see you wait all Winter and not get in a trip because of an early meltdown.

I will say that the conditions in March are much more fun if the snow holds out. The temps are nicer and the days are much longer. It is easy to ride when there is snow.

mjgriffi

We go up to twin lakes every year around dec 9th or 14th and we always have had good, not great snow. The fact that you are going mid-week helps on any beat down snow problems.

rev500

Simply chase the snow. We do every year between the Holidays. Anywhere between Copper Harbor and Sault Ste Marie