fogging oil the engine

mojo

I was wondering instead of taking the air box off which is a pain. I was wondering if I can used the carb vent line and put a t on it and spray the fogging oil while it is running if that just as good to?

2006polaris supersport and 2001 skidoo 600 formula

sweeperguy

On my Indy I don't have to take air box off, just take filter out and I'm able to get the fogging oil to spray into the carbs. The air flow helps pull it in, the small amount that is on bottom of air box is no real issue. Not enough loss either to worry about. Don't forget to pull plugs and spray into cylinders also. Pull recoil to make sure entire cyl. Is coated.

ezra

u can do a 6 second count down the plugs fire it up for a few seconds and call it done .that is what we do on the jet skis

timo

you'll know if it worked if the sled dies on you. spray it in there, brap the throttle while your doing it a few times and if it's hard to keep running or it dies while idling you know you got the oil where it needed to go.
i would always take the air box off my old doo (not hard) and spray the daylights out of the carbs while staying on the throttle and then off the throttle while still spraying and then she'll putter out on you. throw the cover on and forget about it.

snake

I was wondering instead of taking the air box off which is a pain. I was wondering if I can used the carb vent line and put a t on it and spray the fogging oil while it is running if that just as good to?

2006polaris supersport and 2001 skidoo 600 formula

as long as the vent line goes to venturi and not into bowl. I do like ezra stated,but I put piston all the way down and use straw on can and inject some thru the transfer ports so I know crank is getting some oil also

xcr440

you'll know if it worked if the sled dies on you. spray it in there, brap the throttle while your doing it a few times and if it's hard to keep running or it dies while idling you know you got the oil where it needed to go.

This ^^