For those that own an Arctic Cat 1100 Turbo, lemme know....

dekx

Tossing the idea around now of a 2012 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 1100 Turbo. Not 100% sure so for those that own a previous model.....lemme know the pro's and con's. I know its a new chassis this year and some things will be different....so lemme know. Thanks

bart

Pros: its fast as **** , no two stroke oil, you can pass gas stations... :)
Cons: Nobody can keep up with you so you !

anonomoose

Had one...enjoyed it....crazy power, ride was smooth and bridged bumps well. Had to put a higher windshield on it to get decent wind protection, other than that....it was a fun sled. No issues.

lvr1000

7000miles on mine '09, just destroyed the secondary-couldn't handle pushing 3" of wet snow at 94 for couple miles. Great handling/riding sled, just put 900 miles in 3 days of marginal trails. would have got more if didn't loose 1/2 day looking for a clutch and 1/2 day nursing a skidon't back with a bad regulator, lucky for jumper cables.
The 2012 IS DIFFERENT and 74lbs lighter. I could pu front off ground.

except for clutch, no real problems

favoritos

What was the elevation for the drag race? The guy on the 800 had the throttle to the bar as the turbo went by him. Also, where was the older turbo?

Last edited:

bart

Who cares what the elevation was... It shows you taking 75 lbs off the new chassis is extreme. The old turbo could not even keep up with the new 800 and thats saying something tell you that right now, cause the old z1 turbo is fast as ****.... :)

anonomoose

Who cares what the elevation was... It shows you taking 75 lbs off the new chassis is extreme. The old turbo could not even keep up with the new 800 and thats saying something tell you that right now, cause the old z1 turbo is fast as ****.... :)

Well 75 pounds is a bunch. But as others from other makers have already found out....sometimes those pounds come out from structural support that means a bent tunnel.

You have to ask yourself a few questions.

First, what are you going to do with the sled? Hole shots, important enough to possibly give away some strength...all to shave a millisecond or two off the get up and go time?

We already know that the pre-2012 sleds are rocketship sleds. How much you really need?

Put this way....if the lighter sleds start showing fatique faster, was it worth the weight loss? Maybe the lighter sled isn't quite as important as the need for structural strength?? Don't know...maybe it is just me...but the jury is out on this and won't be known for a period of good ole fashioned..."sell the sleds and see what happens" type of research time.

Having said all this, I would not hesitate to buy one....because I already know how much fun they are.

maddog24

Elevation does make a difference, as a Turbo is not affected by high altitude (thin air) like a non turbo engine.