Found a tic on my dog

ill marty

We were just petting our dog and found a lump. We got a flash lite and it was a tic bigger than a corn kernal. I did alittle googling and found this tool called a tic twister pro. Off to petsmart we go. This tool is a pry bar looking tool you slip under the tic and twist . It works great. When we twisted out the tic there was one fatty one and a regular sized tic under the fatty one. Two in one spot. We bought two tools one for home and one for camp.

ezra

it is the tinny ones you have to worry about. people up at my cabin in longeville MN have lost more dogs than I can remember. I dont let my dogs off the leash at the cabin any more.I have had to take the pills after a deer tick bulls eye showed up on my leg a few yrs ago.

landoman

Tics are pretty bad this year. Our lab runs wild at our place in minocqua on weekends and typically by tuesday or wednesday we are able to find the tics on her. We put frontline on regularly but still last year she acquired a tic disease that showed up in her blood work. Just walking to the lake yesterday (300ft or so) I had 3 on me on the drive home.

Firecatguy

their big here in Metro this year many reports of 20 plus ticks on dogs after walk at Dog park in south metro........

mulchatna

I also have a cabin near Longville and my wife had a deer tick in early May and she was put on antibiotics. I read that Cass and Crow Wing counties in Minnesota are really bad for tick related illnesses. Also the mosquitoes have been terrible too. On the positive side, the beers are cold and we could be sledding in six months.

samc

Our Cabin is 3 miles So of Longville and this has been the worst Spring/Year we can remember for Ticks ever. This past weekend seem to be better.

srt20

We were up in Langlade county WI over memorial day. We pulled over 35 ticks off my dog. One got some blood before we got it. Was about the size of a big corn kernal. Had just put frontline plus on him 5 days before. He has already tested positive for anaplasmosis last year. Got that taken care off. He has the Lymes vac. but I have heard that doesnt always work. I pulled about 10 off me that weekend. Altogether this year I have pulled about 40 off myself alone. And I dont even live in the woods. This is the worst year I have ever seen for ticks. Im not sure what else can be done to help prevent these dang things.

slimcake

My brother in law was up at lake of the woods fishing. He walked through some tall grass and when he got back in the boat he a big black spot on his thigh. It was a huge swarm of wood ticks!! They were even trying to burrow through his denim jeans they were so ruthless!! Then there is the gnat problem!! Anyone else havin swarms of gnats around their heads when outside??