Garage floor issues

goofy600

So I have a low spot in one corner of my garage and when snow melts off the car all runs to that area. It is about an inch low any ideas to build this area up to get water to run away?

whitedust

Only process I know is mudjacking. Drilling holes in concrete then they inject concrete to lift the low spot. Usually not very pretty but it will level your floor. That’s how you permanently solve your problem. If you want to get creative do it yourself solution you maybe able to install a drain tile it out side to a drain pit but your floor will still be off level.

GTL

Go to your nearest concrete supply store, they make a few products that will self level. Most will hold up better if the area is blasted first but I have used it at the cabin outdoors and it's held up for years.

goofy600

slimcake

I didn't in the warehouse or dads garage just cleaned it real good and made sure it was dust free. In our shop I did a door threshold where we added on and I did use some paint thinner stuff on that surface to make sure it stuck.

Here is how to get water up from a garage floor due to snow melt. It won't fix the problem of a low spot.

Take a shovel and throw some snow on the water. The snow will act like a sponge and soak up all the water. Then just shovel up the slushy snow and throw it outside the garage. Works great and takes any sand from the car along with the water.

slimcake

Wow typical lefty. Throw more problems at the problem and then hope for the best... Us guys that have to fix problems actually come up with a fix. I can't believe what I am reading there....

garageguy

Hahaha get yerself a solar panel or wind generator. Hook it up to a heat lamp. Shine it on the wet spot till its gone

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used the self leveling products with success. Other than following instructions, make sure there are no holes or cracks that can cause it to leak. It dries quick so you have to work fast.

Gary

slimcake

Yep still waiting on the answer to that question Bear. Suppose he is hoping election goes in his favor so then we have to buy him a snowmobile....

garageguy

Thanks fot your product recommendation Slim. I had a slab poured for my shop and I've got a low spot right in front of the service door.

slimcake

IMG_20201026_081444927.jpg IMG_20201026_081600705.jpg The first pic is in the warehouse. Was a huge drop right in the main traffic lane. Its dirty and dusty but at 6 years old I am very happy with it. The second is the threshold between shops. The guys could hardly roll their toolboxes through there. Its good stuff but as was mentioned you need to work fast. I wish I woulda had a bit more mixed up in the warehouse but by the time I woulda mixed more what was there was hard. Lot better than it was though!!

timo

I know,,, I read it twice because I didn't believe what I read the first time.

Wow typical lefty. Throw more problems at the problem and then hope for the best... Us guys that have to fix problems actually come up with a fix. I can't believe what I am reading there....