Garage floor issues

G

G

Here is how to get water up from a garage floor due to snow melt. It won't fix the problem of a low spot.

Take a shovel and throw some snow on the water. The snow will act like a sponge and soak up all the water. Then just shovel up the slushy snow and throw it outside the garage. Works great and takes any sand from the car along with the water.

I must be missing something here. As it is written this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in print. Maybe I will go drink a quart of Jack. Then it might make sense.

G

G

There would be no reason for me to try it. For starts I have drains in my floors in both my garage and my shop. I was there when all the slabs were poured and I made sure everything drained to the drains rather than have the drains on the top of a hill. Secondly I have heated floors in my garage and my shop. Thirdly I have ceiling fans blowing down on the floors to assist in the drying process. And fourthly - if that is a word - when I come home and there is snow on my vehicle I try to get off as much as I can before I put it inside. If the day comes when I start shoveling snow into my heated buildings then I will have dementia and I hope somebody shoots me. Maybe you should try some of my ideas.

G

G

Plus I keep my Garage and Shop at 65 degrees. For four reasons. I didn't pay all that money for insulation to keep the buildings at 33 and 1/4 degrees. The snow melts and dries up quicker. My dog is happy. And best of all it makes liberals mad that I waste energy.

blkhwkbob

Plus I keep my Garage and Shop at 65 degrees. For four reasons. I didn't pay all that money for insulation to keep the buildings at 33 and 1/4 degrees. The snow melts and dries up quicker. My dog is happy. And best of all it makes liberals mad that I waste energy.
If I lived 20 miles south of Canada, I'd heat everything, too.

szotty

Not to fight the topic but yes lots of good floor levers out there and I can suggest mapie’s seeing I use all the time for being in the flooring industry but some will required work seeing never feather edges perfectly also I have heated garage with drains and I actually shovel clean snow in on floors weekly or every 2 and sweep the snow from the farthest point to the door with push broom and it picks up all the sand and salt then I shovel out off my stamped Crete apron so won’t freeze or come back in on sleds and trucks. Cleans my garage up in 15-20 minutes and not down the drains if any residue left I hose it off. Seriously does work and learned from my dad this quick trick to keep the shop and garage cleaner in winter. Basically does what mopping does

ezra

Leveler will work but will not be even close to as hard as cement .you can shoot flooring staples thrugh most all the leveler out there .