Garage Heater

Just bought a new house with a nice 3.5 car garage which will be great to work on the sleds. Was wondering what brand garage heater to buy and install, Modine or ADP or another brand. Any input would be greatfull. Can't wait to start getting the sleds ready for the season.
thanks

kraven700

Just bought a new house with a nice 3.5 car garage which will be great to work on the sleds. Was wondering what brand garage heater to buy and install, Modine or ADP or another brand. Any input would be greatfull. Can't wait to start getting the sleds ready for the season.
thanks

1) LEAST EXPENSIVE: Preferably a wall unit that uses OUTSIDE air for combustion, so the raw gas fumes don't make your new garage go "BOOM" and take the house with it.

2) MODERATE EXPENSE:Other option is the hanging unit that uses hot water, kinda like a radiator with a fan blowing on it, more $$$, as you'll need the hoot water heater and piping to go along with it

For those of you pouring a new garage floor, it's best to install the heat tubes in the floor, (just wire tie every 18" or so) costs approx $ 350 for a 2.5 car garage

garage heater

i just put in a big maxx 80K heater from Mills Fleet Farm...my garage is 1000 sf .......on sale right now for $ 459.....love it ..... and it's quiet...
you get a lp conversion kit if needed also......

ezra

I have helped 2 buds put in shop heaters in the past few yrs 3 yrs ago a Menerds beacon morris he has had 0 issues.
and a hot dawg modine has been ok but for some reason has gone through 2 hot surface igniters but the 1 only lasted a week so was prob defective.
I think now days all about the same with many many shared parts

mjkaliszak

I have a Reznor, it is literally 18 yrs old. Hard to beat, this is my 2nd garage / 2nd house that the same Reznor has been used in . Maybe even close to 20 yrs old. Model F 50k btu size.
I can't help with what is cheap but..... if your looking for a commercial duty ? These are good.

samc

I put a Hot Dawg in our front garage 9 yrs ago and have had 0 issues. Than I put in a Big Maxx in our back garage/shop 7 yrs ago and again 0 issues. Both are 45k btu. Like Ezra said most share parts now days and I don't think there is to much of a difference.
Good luck

xcr440

I have a Reznor, it is literally 18 yrs old. Hard to beat, this is my 2nd garage / 2nd house that the same Reznor has been used in . Maybe even close to 20 yrs old. Model F 50k btu size.
I can't help with what is cheap but..... if your looking for a commercial duty ? These are good.

I second Reznor. Have one that is 23 years old, good product.

jedoyle

My Dad is in the biz and we put a nat gas Reznor in my 3 stall garage 3 years ago. He always does things up right and I must say it works great.

fatdaddy

good choice sledhead, thats what I have and it works great. I really only bring it up to around 55-60 when I'm working other wise it gets to hot. I've had mine for 14 years no problems. I do think Modine make most of them and private labels them.