Getting new truck tires

choc_lab

I just put on bridgestone duelers Revos and really like them ,had been using firestone Destinations The firestones didn't seem to last very long maybe 40,000 miles I was told it was because my truck is a heavy duty crew cab. Payed 800 at tires plus Hope they get better wear. The firestones could get stuck on an ice cream cone and the bridgestones seen to have a lot better traction even tough I haven't had them in the snow yet

nytro_rtx

ezra, nitto dune grapplers, don't know how good they are but they do look cool.
118949.jpg

nytro

ubee

Nokian
Hakkapeliitta ,The only way to go for a true ice/snow tire. The are mid-priced,unbelievable wear especially if you take them off in the summer. Quiet, rides like a rail on ice and PULLS in deep snow.
I ran this set all summer and super wear,no need to take off! check online nearest dealer.

fatrat454

I used the General Grabber AT2's on the wife Jeep Grand Cherokee and finally have to change them out with 89,000 miles on them. Still had even tread left (about 3/16") but was not going to make it through the winter. Would have still been fine for summer use. GREAT tires. I would recommend them to anyone.

pitt

I have Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on my Dodge Ram, always had Goodyear's before and I love these tires. Quiet and good in rain, snow (and the little bit of mud I have been in). See Ryan at Wheels Direct in Eagan. I paid $700 (a year ago)for these out the door and I just bought BFG Traction T/A s for the Altima and paid $480 out the door. He beat any other prices I could find.

900kingcat162

I can get the BFG's for $200 each installed and balanced at Willie's in Merrill. the firestones i would need to go to Wausau to get. this way the money stays in town. plus BFG is an American company. Firestone is owned by Bridgestone which is an Italian company if I remember.

frnash

Bridgestone yoosta be a Japanese company.
I had their tires on several of my autos many years ago; they were generally very good tires.

ragsled

I put a set of Nokian Vativa on last year and traction was excellent. As long as the trailer was hooked up or a sled in back did not need 4WD. They are an all terrain tire from Nokian so you can run them all year. Pretty quiet, not a lot of rolling resistance so your MPG doesn't get killed. I paid under $800 out the door with an alignment for four 265/75/16 Load Range C.

frnash

"<strike>Vativa</strike>" "Vatiiva"!
That's what my Chevvy pick-em-up is wearing right now. (They are a tad difficult to find in Arizona, though. The Volvo dealer I got this set from no longer sells 'em!
sad.gif
)

snowguy

I have bought 2 sets of the General Grabber AT2s from Tire Rack. 1 set for my 2004 Avalance and 1 set for my dads 1999 Silverado Z71. Both of us are very happy. They ride a little rough but have great traction.

reaper969x

I can vouche for the terra grapplers. BFG kick <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> but they are WAY over priced imho.

pfd_crew

have had general grabber at2s on my wife ford escape for 3 years, absolutely satisfied with them, will definatley buy them again

skdoo500adr

Just put the General Grabbers on my 07 Tundra. So far seem to be much better than the Bridgestones(OEM) and the Continentals(CrossContacts) I just replaced. Only driven in dry and rainy weather. Look at Tirerack.com and check the ratings and reviews. Good info to help with making your decision.

gator800r

Im looking to get some new tires also. I think im going to go with the new good year wrangler dura-tracs. They are a agressive tire and yet fairly new from what I read they are getting some good life. Anyone running them?

jccams

Seems to be a lot of positive feedback on the Generals and the price is right. The reviews are pretty close to the BFG's, better in some areas. I think that is the way I am leaning, just cannot justify the big $ that the BFG's are fetching.

snowsdog

I have the Goodyear wrangler Silent Armor on my 3/4 HD crew cab diesel chevy. They have 64k on them and they still have about 10k left in them before I need to replace. Best tire wear I have had for a HD truck in a long time

I replaced a set of Bridgestone At's, got abour 26k out them and Goodyear MTR's only lasted about 18k.

Good luck with your choice

jccams

I am definitely not complaining about the BFG's. I have 85,000 on them with no complaints and will drive them another month. I just cannot justify 1000 bucks for tires on a truck worth 6000 or 7000 that I probably will only have for 1-2 more years.

billpayer09

Don't buy TOYO open country. I should have turned right around and had them taken off my truck. Terrible custmer service too.

flying_low

I ran BFG AT's on my last three trucks but this time I wanted to try something different. When my truck needed new tires last month I considered the BFG MT and the Firestone MT. I wanted something with a little more bite off road and now that the truck is getting older it gets taken down some pretty nasty logging roads and firelanes in northern Wisconsin. I ended up going with the Firestone Destination MT in 285/70/17. I really like the tires, they have been great all bow hunting season so far. A lot more bite than the BFG AT, which was expected. Up to the axles in mud and they keep pulling. Good traction in rain also. Two negatives: they are quite a bit louder than the AT's, and handling on the road has slightly decreased. I would buy them again. I considered the Toyo MT after reading many good reviews but it would of cost me substantially more than the Firestones.