Getting new truck tires

900kingcat162

hello all!
i am interested in everyone's opinion on what they think is the better tire. replacing my BFG all-terrains with either BFG's new mud terrain TA KM2's or Firestone's Destination M/T's. Anyone have these on their trucks? If so, how do like them?

landoman

I looked at the bfg's, but settled on the General Grabber AT2. Same basic tread pattern and a heck of a lot cheaper the that bfg's.

D

Deleted member 10829

I know you are asking about BFG and Firestone, but I don't have experience with either. I do have experience with Good Year Wrangler AT/S's and I wouldn't buy anything else. I have a 2004 F150 crew cab with over 170k miles on it. My first set of tires were replaced at 84,500 miles and still had some decent rubber left on them. I still have the second set on, but they need replacing before the snow flies. Sorry I couldn't help with your question, but I would sure consider Good Year, they've been unreal for me!

saber

I also just installed a set of General Grabber AT2's. Have only had them for a few weeks but like them so far. They look almost identical to the BFG's and are guaranteed for 60,000 miles. They were 75.00 less per tire than the BFG's thru Tire Rack.

polarisrider1

All my trucks have BFG All-terrain T/<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> on them. Best tire I have ever owned for snow, sand, rain,etc. Pricey, yet isn't anything that's good?

jccams

I had the same question. I have BFG all terrain 285-75-16 with 85,000 on them. Paid 625 5 years ago, they want 950 now, 1000 bucks is a lot of money for tires. Looking for viable options that are cheaper, truck is 10 years old and I hope to replace it in a couple of years.

slimcake

Good-year Silent Armor. Great wear and great traction. Worth looking into. Just put the pro-grade version on my HD 3/4 chevy. Worth every penny.

nytro_rtx

i used to run the bfg all terrain t/<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> also but have been runnin the nitto terra grapplers and been very happy with them. they work just as good in all conditions as the bfg and i would say last just as long. i also run nitto 555's on my cts-v and they are an awesome performance tire too.
nytro

p.s. bfg's are my second choice and i won't buy goodyear again, way overrated i.m.o.

yamalaris

I strongly recommend Michelin LTX AT2 you are going to pay more for these but they are worth every penny. Best ride, longest tread life, quiet. They are the best none better.

maddogg

I just put a set of Generals on my truck and like them. The actual tread pattern sicks out father then other tires in their class. I've also had BFG's and like them, but they are getting up there. I also like the Michelin's. My truck (Tundra) came with Bridgestones and started deteriorating and cracking within the first year I had the truck.

tomxc700

What ever you do don't buy Toyo A/T open country they suck in the snow, rain, mud, and sand. Years ago I had both BFG all terrain and mud terrain on my zr2 pickup. I liked the mud terrains better than the all terrains because of better traction off road and in the snow. I could go anywhere I wanted to. I don't know anything about the Firestone's, but if they are anything like the Steeltex's that came on my truck, I would not have a problem running them either I got 80,000 out of them and they had decent traction off road. It really comes down to the amount of mileage you can get out of the tires, and how good they look on the truck. I like the look of the new mud terrains.

ezra

I have the BFG if you got the grand to blow they are good tires but more important they look good.I saw some tires on a guys truck recently they had flames for tread rapping down the side about 2.5 in they looked cool but cant remember the brand.I also meed tires soon my BFG have about 55k on them and I could get buy with city driving but not heavy snow covered road

jeff

Ive had the general grabbers AT2 and looved them, Also have a set of firestone des. At. I liked the general ALOT better. Not a big fan of the BFGs unless your a mud bogger or truck puller. I never had any luck with tread wear

rocketman356

Best tire I have run Toyo M/T Open Country.Just order 6 - 37" -12.50-17 for the dually and 4- 33"-12.50-20 for the Expedition.
118883.jpg

Firecatguy

I run the BFG with 10ply side walls they last and run good in bad weather!!!but ya 1000bucks is alot..

I get them in under that price --INSTALLED

if your in MN try M&B Tire in St Paul Park great guys and no B.S with prices

indybru

I mentioned this before tirerack.com has lots of reviews and ratings from owners concerning specific tire satisfaction. I would check it out lots of good information.

snobinge

I just ordered Nitto Terra Grapplers from discount tire. Free shipping and the P rated tires are $121ea. This tire is for my 4runner...the Toyota forums have a lot of good reviews.

Hankook also had my attention.

ezra

I also had duelers on a ram they were a 60k+ tire been a few yrs so cant remember much about them witch is prob a good thing