Gloves?

snoluver1

Looking for a replacement for my Riema gortex gloves. I think I might actually shed a tear when I pitch them. Best glove I've ever owned. Got 12 or so years out of them. Never a wet or cold hand in all that time. Wish they still sold them! Anything else out there that compares to Reima? I have my light weight boondocking gloves but looking for cold trail ride home glove.

sweeperguy

I got a pair of Cabella's Pinnacle primaloft gortex gloves for Christmas/Birthday. In another thread Hoosier had posted that they were better than his klim gloves, hoping so. I've always carried on my sled a pair of glove liners by Under Armour just in case of cold hands. Rode in many sub zero days and only used once with my Castle X gloves.

Last edited:
Don't know if you prefer leather, I like my HJC leather, they use a Hipora layer not Gortex.
Not inexpensive. Last time I was at Krupps' store they had them there to try for size, and were not bad on price if I recall.

Brent

ezra

NO. lots of marketing out there to tell u there china crapola is as good as but it is not. best u can do is find some old r u outside at a garage sale

skitool

NO. lots of marketing out there to tell u there china crapola is as good as but it is not. best u can do is find some old r u outside at a garage sale

+1. I have two pair!!! I love these gloves. The boots were nice too.

old abe

Cabela's Pinnacle primaloft/goretex on sale @ $59. These work very well for a bunch of us over years of use. Buy a little large, then you add a thin liner for very cold Canadian conditions. Very well made.

whitehorse

Still have a pair of Riema's ...great gloves. Bought a pair of Cabela's Pinnacle gloves a couple years ago and they are now my "Go to" gloves...love them. I also have Klim and Ski Doo gloves and the Cabela's work the best for me.

tman

X2 on the Pinnacle gloves. I've had mine for 5 years or so, toasty warm and dry. Paid 35 bucks from Cabela's site.

Hoosier

Agree the Cabela's ones are great. About $100 knocked down to $50 or $60 depending on when you find them. I've only used them on one trip but that trip was around last President's Day and we were in northern Ontario and the temps rarely got up to 0 F when we were there. Hands were painfully cold with Klim Fusions and then switched to the Cabela's gloves and were much better. I only bought them as a back-up since I walked past them at Cabelas and saw gore-tex gloves with primaloft insulation for $50 so I thought they'd be worth trying. They are too thick to use off-trail all day but awesome on trail. Only caveat is I only used them on one trip so I don't know how long they'll hold up. But Cabelas has great warranty.

dfattack

Looking for a replacement for my Riema gortex gloves. I think I might actually shed a tear when I pitch them. Best glove I've ever owned. Got 12 or so years out of them. Never a wet or cold hand in all that time. Wish they still sold them! Anything else out there that compares to Reima? I have my light weight boondocking gloves but looking for cold trail ride home glove.
I have the black leather Yamaha (Reima) gloves too from about 10 years ago and have tried so many and none are as good as these. Even the top of the line Klim leather gloves. Hands got cold so I went back to my old favorites. Sure wish there was something comparable. I'm sure there is but I haven't found them. I like leather the best. they seem to keep my hands the warmest.

sweeperguy

The old ones are better? New ones made in China? Pretty inexpensive from what I see on ebay, but new are crap?

MZEMS2

Another vote for Cabelas. Anything ice fishing related is better than Klim's over-priced stuff. Learned that the hard way. I've owned one "Snowmobiling" piece of gear, and that's because I got a heck of a deal on it. Buy outdoor sports gear from an outdoor sports store......seems to make sense to me

snoluver1

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess a trip to Cabelas is in my future. One thing I really liked about the Reima's was I still had a good feel on the bars even though they were a thicker/insulated glove. Seems the pinical is getting the vote for the closest comparison. I'll give them a shot.

snoluver1

Cabelas......lol
May just as well get some camouflage Carhartts too.
Guys we are not duck hunting here. I'm lost!?!

What, cabelas isn't up to your standards? Lol.

I'll buy what works, regardless of the name sewn on. Probably made by the same Chinese kid doing the sewing on your Klim glove anyway.

yoopermike

x10 on the cabelas pinnacle gloves. I have 3 pairs in varying stages of decay, the oldest being 8 or so years old. Still holding up great!

Hoosier

What, cabelas isn't up to your standards? Lol.

I'll buy what works, regardless of the name sewn on. Probably made by the same Chinese kid doing the sewing on your Klim glove anyway.

Yes - gore-tex, leather grips, primaloft insulation...the only difference is the sled gear has the rubber goggle wiper and costs more.