Goggle Color

tdent

Just got moto style helmet and trying to fiqure out goggle color that will be adequate for riding in day and night? Thanks.

700_rmk

Scott makes goggles that are clear and are light sensitive. They get darker as it gets brighter. Much like glasses. Then get a pair (I like the rose colored) I know let the jokes begin, for low light. And if you get the quick release setups make sure to carry your goggle strap with you in case the quick strap fails.

5_spot

I have Oakleys that are a touch of Amber color, not their persimmon though. They're perfect night and day. I have clear too, used them once and thats it. The amber is light enough to see good at night, not to mention it cuts down on the headlight of oncoming sleds.

reaper969x

I was in the same boat. I run O-frames with perisimmon lens. I have a pair of clears as well. Long story short got stuck with the perisimmon, (left the clears at home, duh) after eating dinner it was then DARK out. I thought well I'll just take it easy and ride slo, but as soon as I put them on I was amazed at the light transmission. I have run then on two night rides now, and can't complain.

nitroryder

I use a yellow tint, works great for both day and night. Cuts down the snow glare during the day and head lights at night.

02zr600

Scott light sensitive is the only way to go for me. turns blue and increases depth preception and cuts glare during the day, and is clear at night. i too was worried about night riding with colored lenses and found this to be the perfect option.

beakjones

I use oakley high intensity yellow on any day except bluebird skies. Clear for night. If clear isn't the best color for you at night you should see an eye doctor... especially if you cant see past oncoming sled headlights, sounds like light sensitivity problems and it works both ways... you won't see unlit areas as well either.

indy_500

i would think the blue colored lenses would work good for snowmobiling. i have a full face, but for baseball, the blue colored lenses work good because they can pick up the white on the baseball well

laugy

I use the pro-vue set up. If you have glasses or contacts they can put your prescription into the goggle. These also come with their snap lens set up. You can snap amber, rose, blue, smoke, yellow, whatever you want right onto the goggle. Works great. Have used for several years.

micelist

I like the Progrip light sensitive.. single lens but never fogs and you cant get any mousture trapped between the lenses.. You can blow on the back and they dont even fog then.

coldsmokejr

I've been using Spys Oakleys and Smiths for years, switching from tinted lenses to clear, a few buddys have recently started using Scott 89xi LS (light sensitive) and are swearing by them, that'll be my next pair

RNR640BB

I have 2 pair that I use.
Scott 89XI light sensitive and also Haber Vision Amber for the low light days.
Also run the Habervision Fog Elimnator Fan.
The little fan is awesome when set on automatic, if you stop and are sweating you do not have to take off your goggles, becasue the fan automatically kicks on when it senses moisture.
The first time the fan kicks in, and you are not used to the sound, it sounds like 10 MN mesquitoes are fighting it out inside your goggles, never hear it when riding.

etzkorn13

I also use the yellow tinted helps during the day cut down glare. But also at night helps see better lights things up.

indy_500

What is the best tint for bright sunny days?

i'd have to say blue, like i said before, when it's sunny they recommend blue for baseball so you can pick up the white good, so i assume this is the same boat with the snow