Gooch's

RHFD547

Sorry to hear about Gooch's in Boulder Junction burning. Hopefully they choose to rebuild. The bar/restaurant can be replaced, but all the wildlife mounts possibly lost in the fire and the memories made in taking them can not.

chunk06

I dont think the mounts are possibly gone, they called in equipment to knock it down to help the fire fight. At least with the suspected car that did it the owners dont have to go through all the rumors of Arson like most of the rumors of bars/ restaurants that burn

RHFD547

From the pictures I've seen, there isn't a wall standing. I hope the idiot spinning donuts in the parking lot is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

whitedust

From the pictures I've seen, there isn't a wall standing. I hope the idiot spinning donuts in the parking lot is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Complete loss lucky no one was injured no salvage in that mess. What an idiot! Hopefully he had insurance to cover the loss.

soxfan3

Prayers to Gooch & Laurel. Our groups favorite stop by far. Good food, good people. Hope they can recover & either rebuild or relocate.

Last edited:

slimcake

So this asshat was spinning out in the parking lot and lost control, hit the light pole and his POS caught on fire? Is that what happened? Man that is terrible. Never been there but drove by many times. It always seemed busy. Terrible deal there.

RHFD547

You got it "Slimcake". His POS caught on fire which in turn, caught the restaurant on fire. I've only been there a handful of times but they are wonderful people and have great food. It's a shame that something they have worked their butts off to establish is ruined by some immature idiot who has probably not worked a day in his life. From what I'm hearing, they are already in the early stages of planning a rebuild. As expected, there is the inevitable battle with the insurance company. I encourage everyone to stop by and support their recovery efforts when the opportunity exists.

shelby369

You got it "Slimcake". His POS caught on fire which in turn, caught the restaurant on fire. I've only been there a handful of times but they are wonderful people and have great food. It's a shame that something they have worked their butts off to establish is ruined by some immature idiot who has probably not worked a day in his life. From what I'm hearing, they are already in the early stages of planning a rebuild. As expected, there is the inevitable battle with the insurance company. I encourage everyone to stop by and support their recovery efforts when the opportunity exists.

Everything you said I agree with except the " inevitable battle with the insurance co" I've been in the insurance business for over 30 years, I've personally been involved in every type of claim possible... from fires, tornado's, liability, malpractice, cars, boat's, snowmobiles, etc, etc, etc you get the point.... I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of claims and all turning out with a positive outcome. Over the last 30+ years, I've had probably seen less than 20 claims that have not gown well and in most cases, it was the insured not properly covered or buying crap insurance. If the insured purchases the correct coverage to cover the needed exposure, there will not be a problem...... So please don't "paintbrush" all insurance companies as a pain in the a## at time of claim..... not true.

wirev

Everything you said I agree with except the " inevitable battle with the insurance co" I've been in the insurance business for over 30 years, I've personally been involved in every type of claim possible... from fires, tornado's, liability, malpractice, cars, boat's, snowmobiles, etc, etc, etc you get the point.... I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of claims and all turning out with a positive outcome. Over the last 30+ years, I've had probably seen less than 20 claims that have not gown well and in most cases, it was the insured not properly covered or buying crap insurance. If the insured purchases the correct coverage to cover the needed exposure, there will not be a problem...... So please don't "paintbrush" all insurance companies as a pain in the a## at time of claim..... not true.

Great post.

maddogg

I couldn't agree more. Been in insurance for 20+ years. Thank you for this post.

snobuilder

real freak occurrence...not many cars nowadays that "spin donuts" on dry pavement....Early frost?...damn the bad luck for all involved.
I feel real bad for the person that hit the pole. I doubt that was their mission.......to burn down a famous bar....If he was drunk did he get drunk there or at another over serving bar? Not hard to find a bar upnorth that won't give you all you want ...at least til you are broke, eh?...lol

Last edited:
From what my buddy that lives in Presque Isle heard this 18 yr old ****head was denied access/alcohol at Gooch's that night and got pissed. Came back after hours to f up his parking lot.

slimcake

Geez ****head is right. Atleast he is 18 so he can be punished. I hope they don't go easy on him. Life has consequences. Just ask the owners of Gooches....

Northstar

We were going to stop there on Saturday on our ride up but the place was packed so we just headed to the cabin. Sunday morning it was gone. Now I have to break the news to my granddaughter because it was her favorite stop on both Sled and Car in winter and summer. Loved the various mounts and the duckie game. I hope they can rebuild, or we will have to chalk it up as another pit stop gone in the area along with the closing of Zastro's and PI Pub, literally few and far inbetween these days.

snobuilder

Trial by social media...all fun and games til yur the one on trial....LOL...my buddy said.

Last edited:
According to the today's Vilas County News, it was a 20 year old from Orland Park, IL named Connor Cavanaugh. He is in jail with the two charges pending, DUI and reckless driving. Him and 2 of his buddies came back after closing because they were kicked out. I'm surprised there aren't more charges.