Gooch's

szotty

Why does everyone want to give **** away too hard to earn it? Everyone wants to be a millionaire over night no one wants to do the thankless back breaking work.

1fujifilm

Why does everyone want to give **** away too hard to earn it? Everyone wants to be a millionaire over night no one wants to do the thankless back breaking work.

If everyone had a million dollars a million dollars wouldn't be worth poop.

Bear

- - - Updated - - -

My idea is: let the immigrants in, and give them lodging and a business to run in the Northwoods. Let them run it for five years, and then they can become full citizens, go where they want to go and pass the business to the next group of immigrants.

Those varmints can be crafty.
My sister who is in the CBP climbed up the 30 foot wall in AZ to take down a grappling hook made out of 3 pieces of rebar and rope.
Nobody knows if they made it across, how many made it across but one thing is for sure; they left it there for the next varmint to use.

The only thing I would give them is a ride back.

Bear

blkhwkbob

LOL, backbreaking work. Have you worked with anyone born here in the past twenty years? I don't know how it is in your parts, but these kids don't want to break their backs, or lift a finger. Good tradesmen are getting very hard to find. Hispanics do all the roofs and concrete work now. The Europeans don't come here any more because they can make a good living all over Europe now. In fact, if you were just a good, all around handyman you could make a fortune in Chicago if you did ONE THING: show up to people's houses. The next generation wants to go to college and graduate with an $80k a year job waiting for them somewhere warm. They aren't dreaming of opening up some dumpy bar in the Northwoods.

chunk06

Bars are going to continue to close down. The only ones that do good around here anymore are ones that serve good food. You have to have good food and people playing the gambling machines lol. Then bars go in trends, one will be busy and do well for a few years, then it dies down.

Bars are going to continue to close down. The only ones that do good around here anymore are ones that serve good food. You have to have good food and people playing the gambling machines lol. Then bars go in trends, one will be busy and do well for a few years, then it dies down.
Not necessarily. We had three bars reopen this summer on the Eagle River chain. Some of them have been closed for years. Kickback Grill (FKA Hiawatha), Marina Bar and Eagle Lake Resort. Its great to have somewhere different to go especially with all the old world charm.

nc666

Not necessarily. We had three bars reopen this summer on the Eagle River chain. Some of them have been closed for years. Kickback Grill (FKA Hiawatha), Marina Bar and Eagle Lake Resort. Its great to have somewhere different to go especially with all the old world charm.

Anyone been to Bucktails to try some tacos.

goofy600

Drove by Gooch’s Sunday and the foundation is in and construction materials are on site, good to see they are rebuilding.

goofy600

Any word on an opening date? Things seem to have slowed down

I heard at one time they were running low on money and were doing some fundraising to help, and from what I also heard the kids family had a good lawyer and didn’t pay spit. So think that screeed Gooch’s also.

frnash

I heard at one time they were running low on money and were doing some fundraising to help, and from what I also heard the kids family had a good lawyer and didn’t pay spit. So think that screeed Gooch’s also.
Didn't pay spit?
Ramsey
posted the court records, din'cha read 'em?

Case#StatuteDescriptionDispositionJudgementPaid to CourtBalance due to court
2019TR001085343.305(9)(a)Refuse to Take Test for Intoxication After ArrestDismissed on Prosecutor's MotionBAC citation dismissed and Refusal found reasonable. [SUP]1[/SUP]N/A$0.00
2019TR001067346.63(1)(a)OWI (1st)Guilty Due to No Contest PleaFined $1,050.00 due in 60 days.

Driver's license revoked for 8 months.

To comply with AODA assessment and driver safety plan.

IID requirement for 12 months.
$1,050.00$0.00
2019TR001068346.62(2)Reckless Driving-Endanger SafetyGuilty Due to No Contest PleaForfeiture / Fine $389.50$389.50$0.00

<tbody>
</tbody>
All fines were paid to the court. Further action required:

• Driver's license revoked for 8 months.
  • To comply with AODA assessment and driver safety plan.
  • IID requirement for 12 months.
Plus attorney's fees. (Probably well into 4 digits at least.)
Nowhere near enough of a penalty, IMHO.

([SUP]1[/SUP] Since when is a refusal to take a BAC test "reasonable"?)

Gooch's should also sue him for damages in civil court. Could at least get a garnishment of any existing assets, and future earnings as they arise, up to the total judgement in such civil case, plus Gooch's attorneys fees..

wirev

Went by on the bike a couple of weeks ago-----the place is going to be huge! Wouldn't expect opening until next year unless they ramp it up!