good places to eat Houghton/Hancock trail accessible

euphoric1

any recommendations of must stop places to eat that are trail accessible in Houghton/Hancock? have ridden through there a hundred times and never stopped to eat anywhere there. Thanks!!

indy_500

Ambassador, is a little tight in there though with your gear, which is the case for most places downtown.

euphoric1

Ambassador, is a little tight in there though with your gear, which is the case for most places downtown.
I heard someone talking about that when we were stopped somewhere, there is a trail access for it? was thinking it was more in town.

indy_500

I heard someone talking about that when we were stopped somewhere, there is a trail access for it? was thinking it was more in town.
The access trail runs along the canal behind all of the downtown businesses. You can get to any restaurant you want really, but you can’t exactly drive up to the doorstep. you may have to walk 50 yards after parking your sled.

euphoric1

The access trail runs along the canal behind all of the downtown businesses. You can get to any restaurant you want really, but you can’t exactly drive up to the doorstep. you may have to walk 50 yards after parking your sled.
Great Thanks!! Always just drove through, other than gassing up when going through town. much appreciated!

wfd123

any recommendations of must stop places to eat that are trail accessible in Houghton/Hancock? have ridden through there a hundred times and never stopped to eat anywhere there. Thanks!!
Someday the Waterfront bar and grill will open again. Formally in the Ramada. Great food and right on the trail. They bought the old Caribbean beach club bar. In the process of remodeling it

yamadooed

Haven't really been up there since the big wash out. Does Dreamland still serve food and is the trail access just past Quincys closed that leads to it?

Tuck

Quincy's has always been good when we stop in and a good decor of local history to look at

indy_500

The Library did change ownership ~2 years ago. I was less than impressed when I was there in March of 2020, as it used to be one of my favorite stops, hopefully it’s improved since they’ve got a few years under their belt now!

LM

Joey's Seafood (Houghton side) is outstanding! And, Quincy's (Hancock side) is a great place. A little further up, near Calumet? -- Try Carmelita's Mexican!! Further South? Tina's Katalina, in South Range, is a sure bet for early breakfasts and lunches. Excellent soups and pies!

euphoric1

Joey's Seafood (Houghton side) is outstanding! And, Quincy's (Hancock side) is a great place. A little further up, near Calumet? -- Try Carmelita's Mexican!! Further South? Tina's Katalina, in South Range, is a sure bet for early breakfasts and lunches. Excellent soups and pies!
Tina's in south range, is that joined to the gas station?