Good Riding Boots

uncle_ed

I am in the market for a new pair of snowmobile boots and figured to try on a few different brands at the snow show in Novi. I was wondering if anyone had feedback on the Trukke powersports III or Klim Arctic or Adrenaline GTX. I am also considering the ski-doo line or anything else out there that is easy on and off and lightweight and not too bulky or stiff. I have had boots in the past with the speed lace at the top but found them to be hard on the seat cover so those would be out as well. Thanks!

Dave_B

I wear the RU Outside Bill Townsends and love them. They are easy on and off, not stiff at all and extremely light, comfortable and warm. They are hard to find tho and sized small. I looked at some of the other boots you mentioned and, while they were nice boots, they just weren't as comfortable to me.

Dave

mride460

I have had the same pair of Trukke boots for about 6 years and they are great!! Nice and light. Never had wet or cold feet, but I am a trail rider to the tune of about 3500 miles a year, not a bookdocker. I got my wife a pair of the better quality Ski-Doo boots last season. (not sure of the model) She says they are very light weight, warm and dry as well but they fit much like a down hill ski boot. They are quite stiff and are articulated with a slight angle forward to make riding the REV chassis a little easier on the ankles.

skeedoo

I have the Klim Adrenaline GTX boots and love them. I have ridden 3 seasons with them so I have so use time. They are Gore-Tex so the feet are pretty well gauranteed to stay dry. One time I stepped into a creek and the water went over the top of the boot and filled it with water. I poured the water out, rung out my socks and I don't know how but my foot stayed warm enough to ride the rest of the day and it was a pre-lunch stop boo-boo.

The only thing that sucks is snowmobile running boards have a much more aggressive tread than they used to so the soles of my boots are getting really torn up, but I jump alot from side to side of my sled - how long your boots last will depend on your riding style.

nitroman

X2 on the Klim Adrenaline Great boot not bulky easy to go from sledding to driving the truck back down the mountain and made to not damage your tunnel. Same expirience here with the water over the boot and as well I was warm and comfy the rest of the day! Make sure you wear a sock liner and good socks NO COTTON and your feet will be in the same condition at the end of the day as they were when you started.

mjkaliszak

X3 on the Adrenaline boots.

X4 on the Adrenaline, we have 3 pairs of them, I also owned Trukk way back in the 90's, when they first came out you could only buy them from RU-Outside ( In think ) I must have had those 10+ years. Eventually they leaked but I had worn them to the end. I kind of always been partial to the Gore technology. Ever since I found out their approval process for liscensing their Gortex Product. Not just any company can approach them and want to integrate/buy the Gortex product. Products with Gortex have to meet a stringent guidelines from material to seams ect... then finally be approved by the " Gore " company.

fusionfool

What is a good price to pay for a good pair of boots?
I picked my Adrenaline GTX boots up a Hay Days a couple of years ago for $125.00. I believe that was a steel, I normally see them for $189.00. I would pay the higher dollar though, I was just lucky that someone probably had over stock and wanted to move them off their inventory.

ezra

I got some Columbia titanium bugaboot 600g thinsulate watterproof they are about a foot tall great boots! I got at Gander mtn on clearance for 60 bucks last yr highly recomed