Great River State Trail on 12/23/07

Well, we made it back. All I got to say is WOW!!!! I knew the La Crosse area was beautiful, but it was all put into perspective after logging 96 miles this afternoon. I have never seen so many deer in my life, including 4 bucks, and 1 wall hanger!!! We had a blast. Left from Midway, headed up towards Ettrick in which we hit happy hour at Hillbilly's. From there we went past Beaches Corners over to Melrose. From there we went over to North Bend and had supper at the Landing. I was very impressed with the atmosphere at all of these places, and the people were extremely friendly!!! From North Bend we headed to Holmen, and then back down to Midway. A big thumbs up to all the groomer operators. Jackson County however, seemed to have the edge. Their trails were awesome!!! Holmen down to Midway was a bit iffy, but a few inches of snow will bring that back. Overall, a great afternoon of riding, and the new XP is a solid performer. Also, a picture of the new sled is loaded under my profile. Not sure how to make it smaller, but hope everyone approves. Heading to Milwaukee this weekend, but should be out in full force again come Monday night, and all day Tuesday. Enjoy, because next weekend it appears to be warming up a bit. Time will tell. Rocky and fcat700 thanks for all of the information on where to go. It was a very enjoyable trip. Sure is nice to ride practically from my front door instead of trailering to Hayward or the UP for a change. Have a safe ride if you venture out, and keep the rubber side down.

fcat700

Glad you enjoyed the ride. I feel the same way every time I ride these trails. This is the best December I can remember for riding in our area. Some seaseons the only riding is on Lake Onalaska, not the safest. Love the Doo.

Here Bleeeeezerd, Bleeeeezerd, Bleeeeezerd.

Heading out solo tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows how the trails in Tremp-La Crosse-Jackson county held up over the weekend. Also, does anyone know how Monroe County trails are? They looked pretty good last night on our way home from Milwuakee, but was getting dark. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

fcat700

beancounter1: Took a ride today. Started at the Onalaska HS on the bike trail went to Bangor on the bike trail, took the new town rote through Bangor, it's not bad. Bangor north to Four Corners then to Cataract. Ate a burger at the Longbranch in Cataract. Took trail 7 out of Cataract then Corridor 27 south trough Fort McCoy (nice) and then to Sparta. Rode the bike trail back to Ona. This is a easy 90 mile trip. The trails are in good shape today, saw the croomers along the way. I will post some pics later.