Greenland Area

L

lenny

With these cold temp and new snows, trails are very durable and in great condition. Our snowmobile club is the Superior Snowmobile club and we have been grooming solid now. I personally along with 5 others groom (trail 13) from Greenland half way to Bergland so it gets 6 nights of Grooming. We lost one guy last week and another is heading to Florida for the remainder of the season so we are working on switching guys around to keep the 13 loop trail in good condition. Some of us are even grooming multiple times a week. Heavy traffic on weekend still destroys the trail but not the fault of lack of grooming. Last night I left to groom at 8pm and returned at 3 am. Did not see a single sled on return trip and was told this AM it was set up like concrete and flat as a board for the most part. A good thing to consider when traveling heavily traveled trail is try an ride those in the AM and come back a different way if possible.

goofy600

Always good advice ride early and find the less traveled trails when busy. Hope you can find some extra help and keep up the good work will be hitting the area soon.

D

Deleted member 10829

Thanks Lenny! I'm coming up Sunday, what night does it not get groomed?

L

lenny

Thanks Lenny! I'm coming up Sunday, what night does it not get groomed?

Mark,

Wed is the only night it does not get groomed. I was supposed to train a guy this last Thurs but he canceled. He it still interested in grooming so if it pans out he will take Wed.

D

Deleted member 10829

Mark,

Wed is the only night it does not get groomed. I was supposed to train a guy this last Thurs but he canceled. He it still interested in grooming so if it pans out he will take Wed.

Perfect! I will be on it Monday and Wednesday. Thanks for the grooming and training. 6 out of 7 nights is very good! I still haven't been able to groom down here and I miss it. :(

L

lenny

Does anyone need to be relieved this coming week? Tues, Wed, nights?

Ed, not that I am aware of at the moment, I do appreciate it very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect! I will be on it Monday and Wednesday. Thanks for the grooming and training. 6 out of 7 nights is very good! I still haven't been able to groom down here and I miss it. :(

oh no Mark, I groom it Thurs and Sun so if you ride it Mon and it's bad, be sure and forget to mention that part :eek:

ranlam

I been hearing good things about 13 and 12 loop. I been grooming 12 for north country club we have been short a machine so it was double time for me. Porkies ski hill to greenland and 101 on the way back is 106 miles! Takes me 12.5 hours! Piston bully is smooth rider though so i dont mind it one bit. It will all b over in a month or so, so get out and enjoy the fruits of our labors!

D

Deleted member 10829

I must say 12 up to Onto was as good as we've seen in a long time this year. Appreciate the extra effort ranlam, that's a long time to be in a groomer, even with some breaks.

ranlam

Thanks mspease. We got our other machine back so im back on short runs now. Conditions are excellent just cold.

Thanks Lenny and all other groomers for your hard work.

D

Deleted member 10829

Sitting in Big Bay right now. Lenny's trail was awesome today! Great job. 😄

dogflog

Hi Lenny,

Do you plan to continue regular grooming through early March? I'm trying to put together another trip for early next week, staying in Greenland.

Also, where do you go for breakfast now that the restaurant in Mass City is closed?

Happy Trails. Glenn

D

Deleted member 10829

The Adventure Motel 1 block west of the gas station in Mass has great breakfasts! Closed on Monday's though.

dogflog

mspease

From your post, it appears that you rode the L'anse/Big Bay trail. I haven't been on that in a few years, but want to ride it next Monday or Tuesday. My plan was to go Rousseau/Sturgeon River Gorge/L'anse/Big Bay. Any tips on the route from Greenland? Do you know if Arvon Rd to Huron Bay is still OK?

Thanks in advance for any info. Happy Trails, Glenn