Half year DOO

momoney2123

Word on the street, tomorrow ski-doo will be releasing a half year build:cool:. Last time this happened it was the 800etec intro. Wonder what it will be..........

skidont

special build XRS 800 etec 2 so no interest for me but for those that like 2 strokes this will be one bad *** sled

momoney2123

Will be interesting to find out what improvements were made on 800 etec 2?

More power, better fuel and oil economy they say. and im assuming lighter. who knows. maybe it wont be an etec 2. dealer said its coming tomorrow, doesnt know what it is, just said it sounds impressive.

I doubt etec2 will show up on the 800 first. My guess if it exists it will show up on the 600 first.
But my guess is new chassis, not a cosmetic change like the XS. Skidoo doesn't play nice in the sandbox, if true this would take a lot of focus off of the Axis models. The 2015"s are the eighth model year for the XP/XS chassis.

momoney2123

I doubt etec2 will show up on the 800 first. My guess if it exists it will show up on the 600 first.
But my guess is new chassis, not a cosmetic change like the XS. Skidoo doesn't play nice in the sandbox, if true this would take a lot of focus off of the Axis models. The 2015"s are the eighth model year for the XP/XS chassis.

this was the old philosophy. Back when 600s sold just as many if not more than 800s. Now the 800 overwhelming outsells the 600s and every other engine doo has. With the 900ace the 600 is a dieing breed.

- - - Updated - - -

Using a new length & or track pattern & calling it a new model is owned by Yamaha. :D Sorry Kip but had to laugh at that one. lol

haha i would be shocked if its a standard xrs just with a 128 track. When doo releases a half year build, its something brand new.

whitedust

Since 1/2 year probably new 800 etec 2 would be my guess. Doo would surprise me with new chassis but we all know they are due via past history of new products. Only reason to release new chassis now would be to make AXYS yesterdays news but @ 1/2 year would give poo time to react marketing wise. Seems to me doo released Rev in early Feb & all my buds & me were *** what is that!!! Doo didn't have test ride units back then so only a few peeps were invited to test ride. If new chassis I sure want to ride it & lots of events coming in northwoods for factory rides. Very exciting if doo has a new platform & typical for market leader to put pressure on competition.

D

Deleted member 10829

It has to be an all new chassis after so many years with current one.

yoopermike

It's all bogus. Read over on DT. A guy cut and pasted the 2010.5 model release bulletin and added his own twist. January fools day on all of us.