Hay Days

chunk06

I was really hoping to go but too much going on to make the 4 plus hour drive. The weather is about as good as it gets for Hay Days. I hope attendance was high.

elf

The weather was perfect for it this year. I think our group would tell you the crowds seemed lower on Saturday that we would've expected. Saw about half the swaps looking for items for my son, picked up a set of gripper skis and a 155x2.6 track for him. Got a pair of boots for myself. Spent a fair amount of time in the vendors. Stopped in the polaris display and looked at the 70th anniversary sleds. That Assault and a 9R Khaos are a couple of gorgeous sleds.
A display that surprised me was the CF Moto products. Seem to be very nice machines. Anybody have any experience with one?

whitedust

Hay Days was it good, just ok or getting old? I would think after a snowless winter there would be pent up demand for anything snowmobile related. Or did we lose people and their interest?

600_RMK_144

First year in a long time that we didn't bring home a single sled part. Annual re-fresh of the wardrobe (pic of the wardrobe haul included). LOL! New pair of boots for the kid (actually needed those, the others were wearing out on the sides). Annual new coat from Ken's Powersports booth for myself. Time to sell the old one for more than I bought it for the year prior (or at least break even). Although I will say Ken's HD prices have gone up dramatically from years past. Used to get jackets for $59-$79. Still a decent deal with a zip out liner to convert to a shell when warmer. Also got the kid a Motorfist jacket w/ zip out liner (not from Kens). Definitely did NOT need any of that gear other than the boots!!!

As far as the event itself, it seemed like crowds were down a tad, but hard to say really. Slept in the truck to get an early start Saturday morning + rock star parking cuz I hate walking the parking lot. As usual the hard-core sledders were lined up well before 7am. One thing that did seem different to me this year was a lot more younger guys attending the event. I don't mean kids, but 18yrs to college age kids. Probably just me getting old, but seemed like there were a lot more roaming around this year than in years past.

My opinion only, Sunday is a waste of time as everything "good" is picked over by the end of day 1... Hence the reason they give you Sunday for free with your Saturday pass. Any decent sleds are gone within the first few hours from what I've witnessed. Although I suppose you could snag some solid deals from someone not wanting to haul their $hit back home with them.

Already excited for next years event, but the wallet will require the full 365 days to recover, then we'll do it all over again. HA!

Attachments

• HD2024.png
    HD2024.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 34