Hay Days

ezra

Century Power used to have great deals on last years KLIM gear. Bought a Valdez Jacket and pants one year for $160 each. Next year they had the same deal so I bought another set so I had gear at home and the cabin. Jackets are still in great shape, pants are getting chewed up around the bottoms so I may look for another set. But the last few years they haven't had the good deals anymore. My friend that has the 5 jackets always talks about the deals on Snowbigdeal also.
I need to look for another set a a-arms for my son and he also needs a set of gripper ski's. I should probably also look for a track for him. He's tough on his sled.
That has everything to do with the barrons greed is a powerfull drug . Comercal spots are just out of control $$$ now .

ezra

No hay days for me this year.
I'm camping at Wide Open Wisconsin this year. Probably helping with the AWSC booth again this year.
Sites are $37 a night. What are Hay days a night? Still $50ish?

I see Polaris is a sponsor this year. Shows the event is growing, gaining some of the old Milwaukee crowd.
That retro looks pretty sharp. Would have been nice if a heads up was given during snowcheck. Oh well, provides some excitement!
50ish lol
3 spots so 60ft in the swap 1 wrist band and a rv permit around 450 bucks

600_RMK_144

One of these years I need to do this, hard to turn down a free beer.
It really is an awesome event. After spending several months away from the sport by September, it's a good way to get them sled juices flowing again. Just hanging out with like minded folks is worth it in my opinion. Even if you don't buy much. Somehow we always seem to find stuff we can't live without (or didn't know we needed). This year is probably the least "need" for us ever. FINALLY got a Lift-A-Sled sled lift last season.... Not sure how I survived this long without one of those?! It's a life (and back) saver!!!!!! Sleds are status-quo for one more season, but the kid has been hinting that he needs an 800. 600 is only going to satisfy him for one more season I'm afraid. Didn't help that the guide we had last year was in his ear talking about how much less power they have at elevation. Suddenly he NEEDS an 800. LOL!

elf

It really is an awesome event. After spending several months away from the sport by September, it's a good way to get them sled juices flowing again. Just hanging out with like minded folks is worth it in my opinion. Even if you don't buy much. Somehow we always seem to find stuff we can't live without (or didn't know we needed). This year is probably the least "need" for us ever. FINALLY got a Lift-A-Sled sled lift last season.... Not sure how I survived this long without one of those?! It's a life (and back) saver!!!!!! Sleds are status-quo for one more season, but the kid has been hinting that he needs an 800. 600 is only going to satisfy him for one more season I'm afraid. Didn't help that the guide we had last year was in his ear talking about how much less power they have at elevation. Suddenly he NEEDS an 800. LOL!
My son was the same way. He'd been riding my old 600 RMK for several years and kept saying it was underpowered, wanting to add a can, do this mod, do that mod, etc... but I kept telling him that it was my sled, not his, and he wasn't modifying it. Then we told him for his high school graduation we'd give it to him and he could do whatever he wanted. Well, his senior year was the year Covid hit and he spent his last 4 months at home not doing any of his school work he was supposed to be doing. He received his diploma but still had to turn in some papers/work to be officially done. He found somebody who would buy the 600 and I told him thats fine but I keep the money until your actually done. It was amazing how much effort he put into finishing that work. So about as soon as he got the money he was out buying himself a 850. He's been tough on that sled and has bought a lot of parts but it still runs great.

skiroule

Looking forward to some reports from the event. One of my sledding/vintage buddies is attending for the first time. It will be interesting to get his take as well.

lofsfire

Looking forward to some reports from the event. One of my sledding/vintage buddies is attending for the first time. It will be interesting to get his take as well.
I thought I might make it up this year but 20 other things going on this weekend as usual... Maybe Wide Open Wisconsin...

Looking forward to the reports as well!

jedoyle

I always go to Hay Days but I came down with the Shingles. To much pain To walk around. I don't need anything but enjoy being there.
Wow, what a coincidence. We are both from Iowa & I came down with Shingles app. 2 weeks ago. I went into Urgent Care & they gave me a prescription. Not sure if you already did that but you might give it a try. And I just heard about someone else from WI that came down with Shingles recently. WTH is going on?

whitedust

Wow, what a coincidence. We are both from Iowa & I came down with Shingles app. 2 weeks ago. I went into Urgent Care & they gave me a prescription. Not sure if you already did that but you might give it a try. And I just heard about someone else from WI that came down with Shingles recently. WTH is going on?
Nothing is going on the virus is in you and activated. Otherwise get a vax to prevent it.

Iowarider

,I was in Canada when the rash hit me hard, I had pain in my right side for a couple weeks before that. It really sucks, we always said we needed to get the shots but blew it off'

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
The wife insisted that I get the vax, actually two shots, so I guess I'm in the clear. As whitedust stated, the virus is in everybody but only activates in some.

jr37

I had shingles a few years ago. I dabbed Listerine on them to help dry them out and Calomine lotion to help with the itching. I didn't think it was that bad, maybe I had a mild case.

whitedust

Flu and Covid shots available. I always get flu shot of the year not sure about Covid but I got Covid again last year after Xmas family get together. Xmas and Covid for me is a pattern now so considering the shot.