Heading up this weekend!

local897

My bud and I are heading up this weekend. taking off friday after 5pm dont look like we will be riding but mybe to Mass to get stickers! I have to put a track in the bus and Jamison needs 30 mins worth of work done to his rig. Not enought snow yet to get out in the trees with out stumping so work weekend it be!

Hoping to meet some new people in Rockland this weekend as well teastar00. Maybe even stop over to Lenny's Big house check it out (drop me a line lenny)! Let it snow Andrew

Last edited:
L

lenny

I think old man dave and I are running some logging roads fri. The old blue house is sleeping for the winter. Probably heading to Grandma merts around 8 for some breaky and den out to the roads for a mellow ride. Coming along?

My bud and I are heading up this weekend. taking off friday after 5pm dont look like we will be riding but mybe to Mass to get stickers! I have to put a track in the bus and Jamison needs 30 mins worth of work done to his rig. Not enought snow yet to get out in the trees with out stumping so work weekend it be!

Hoping to meet some new people in Rockland this weekend as well teastar00. Maybe even stop over to Lenny's Big house check it out (drop me a line lenny)! Let it snow Andrew

T- BONE

Wish I was going! Hopefully you guys get more snow this wkend so you can get off the trail. My silencer sounds cool btw, just saying...

nytro_rtx

Local, I know we're heading over Rockland way on Sat. so we'll stop by for sure, I'll try to hit ya UP Friday on my way UP.

timner

Team Kessslers is enroute. We'll report on conditions North of M-38 tomorrow.

LES GUNS are firing!!

Heading up Sunday morning for a night at my buddies cabin in mass city, looking for a good place with bigscreen tv's to watch the packers Sunday afternoon, is parkview the only option?

Deb T.

Trails Groomed

I heard this morning that all of the trails in the western U.P. are freshly groomed. Should be good riding next weekend! :)

L

lenny

Where did you hear that from, I groom in the western UP. Particularly superior snowmobile club out of Greenland/Twin Lakes and most our trails have not been groomed. A few may have been panned but they are not groomed. Unless we get a foot of snow real soon I would not say our trails will support any traffic so to speak. They are passable but thin and rough for the most part. We need a few feet to get them into good shape.

Last edited:

whitedust

I heard this morning that all of the trails in the western U.P. are freshly groomed. Should be good riding next weekend! :)

All I can say to that is FALSE!! You got to wonder sometimes where this BS starts? Can't wait to hear how wonderful the trail conditions are Monday at noon in Eagle River, WI.LOL :D

L

lenny

I came down the grade tonight and the groomer was out and grooming, not panning and the trail was a 7 out of 10 condition. There is a huge difference in snow depth between Greenland and Toivola. We only got 3-4 inches compared to 12+ up there. IMO there is just not enough snow where we are at for grooming the trail but running ther groomer down the trail with the pan is packing it down. One good dump by us and we'll improve drastically.

Last edited:

dcfroe

Thanks for the update Lenny, my group is / was hoping to come up on the 18th for some early season riding with our sons who are home for Christmas. Keeping our fingers crossed for some serious LES so you guys have something to work with....

chevytaHOE5674

I just hope this weeks forecast doesn't hold true. Calling for 5 days above freezing with nights barely below freezing. That would put the hurt on the little snow that we do have.

L

lenny

Ontonagon is always 3-5 degrees warmer than Greenland, The big lake is still 45 degrees and impacts your local temps. I think Sunday is the only day we will rise above 32 and I kinda like that so the woods can set up some what. I agree I hope it doesnt hurt you guys to much down there, we'll see, keep us posted on your end and I'll do the same up here. I think it's only 13 right here now,,,,burrrrrrr

I just hope this weeks forecast doesn't hold true. Calling for 5 days above freezing with nights barely below freezing. That would put the hurt on the little snow that we do have.

chevytaHOE5674

It was 10* this morning and still only 14 right now on my thermometer. Lake isn't doing much as the wind is coming out of the south ATM.

Time will tell what it does. The forecast for even Twin Lakes is above freezing early this week. If it gets warm and the sun comes out it won't be good. Especially if it doesn't get cold at night. Trying to freeze in a road and it was doing good but a couple days of warmish temps is going to set it back.