Helmets

dean

I bought a BV 2s this year and am impressed so far with how tight it seals up so it's nice in cold temps.

hothyfax

Helmet

I also took the plunge this year and bought a BV2S.Hands down the best money I ever spent!And I spent the extra $$ to get a electric sheild and do not need it at all unless it would be misting rain.At least I have it if I do ever need it.Warmest,quietest helmet I have ever worn.Local dealer wanted $500.00 just for helmet.On e-bay Ecklund motor sports from Oshkosh,Wi. had new 2010 for $319.00,so that is where I got it.I had to get 3XL so make sure you try one on somewhere before you order one online.Just do a search on e-bay for bv2s.

dab102999

Cheap fix for the mod 2. (works on the reg mod also). Go buy some thin foam with sticky tape on one side. Can find it at a fabric store. Get the stuff that is only like 1/4 think. Don't worry about how wide. Cut it the same width as your seal that is on your helmet and stick it on top of the seal that is in there. Helmet will stop leaking and you only spent $5 to do it. Done this to both mine and my wifes and my buddy and his wifes. Two years and still works great.

indy_500

i have a 2009 hjc inferno that i got for $90 in 2009, i don't get cold and with the breath mask thing, my shield doesn't freeze up at all. i see no point in spending $500 on a helmet even though a helmet will save your life, but mine will do that. maybe i dont' have a sunshield and maybe my front half of the helmet doesn't flip up but it does the job and then some

kb97z

Thanks dab. I am dissapointed w my mod 2. It does leak. How the heck can doo get away w this. It also fogs up on me. I would love to meet up w who ever pushed this helmet through the system with out positive results. Give me my money back or fix the dam problem. Lost a lot of trust w doo.

erkoehler

Usually ride w/ a sno-x style helmet and goggles. On REALLY cold days when we are just trail riding I will pull out my Arctic Cat txi helmet w/ electric shield. Has to be well below zero though.

dab102999

For some reason I am having a difficult time posting multiple pics with text so here is the order, 1st pick is what the foam looks like. 2nd pic is how thick it is. 3rd and 4th pic is what it looks like cut and on the helmet. If you notice, you can't notice if you know what I mean. Do this in the house to a warm helmet and place it right over your seal that is there and wind noise and cold face will go away.

DSC01892.jpg

ridindirty800

In my opinion dont waste your money on any helmet unless its a BV2S or a Snowcross style with goggles! I have both and love them, the BV2S is my trailriding helmet and the Snowcross is my off trail and out West helmet! The BV2S will be the Best $330 you ever spent. I was just at the dealer the other day and saw the BV2s's for $322.... Good Luck

sabercat

My Arctic Cat txi helmet is great! No leaks and the flame paint job keeps me plenty warm on cold trips! The only thing "cool" about this helmet is me! Hahahahhaha, no seriously.