Help....thinking of giving up snowmobiling

Stack

Stick with sledding, though now you can get tracks for wheelers which can go anywhere. But, it is not the same, you can't carve, you can't float in the deep & you can't move as fast on the wheeler as you can on the sled. By the time you spend hard earned 5 to 6 grand on the wheeler and an additional 3 to 4 grand on tracks, you might as well stay on the sled.:cool:-Mezz

I had a blast ATV'ing in the Keweenaw this summer, but it just isnt the same as sledding!

Stack

Haven't you seen the winter forecast on that really old magazine that used to go out for Farmers? They were spot on for WI this Summer when they said hot and very wet. Now they are calling for Cold and lots of snow. Keep the sled- join a club in Northern WI and enjoy 13 weeks of fun!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
It all depends on what you are more passionate about. Mt atv is gone, my sled is still in the garage! In the winter, I can jump on my sled, and ride right from the garage on hundreds of miles of trails. ATV? Nope, gotta trailer! I love atving, but it by no means compares to sledding!

scottiking

I'm thinking about switching to ATVing too! after last weekend trailbrushing up at Krupps I had a blast on my new trailboss 325 2wd beater!
Ya can ride it all year around down hear in the twin Cities!

JK- I could NEVER give up the boondockin!

Scottiking OUT

700classic

Steve1, Just leave the Rev with me this winter. I will ride it, take care of it and generally watch over it. Then next spring we can sit down and talk it over to see what decision you might have made. No use in getting rid of the Rev just yet.

steve1

OK, thanks again. I am keeping the REV and joining a sno mo club just have to get up to north to gods country to ride more... Have truck and tailor will travel, if anyone wants to share a ride from Appleton - let me know. :)

eagle1

I was in the same boat a few years ago, older sled, with fewer friends to go with.
Then I bought a new sled and couldn't believe I was ever thinking about quitting.

After I bought my Yamaha I joined Totallyamaha.com and went on a few group rides. Met a ton of awesome people there who love snowmobiling and are great guys/gals that made snowmobiling that much more enjoyable.

So join a club or post on the ride board and get a group together and KEEP SLEDDING!!

blu2u2

Freedom Trailblazers

x2! We are always happy to have new members join....We have our first meeting on Monday October 4th at 8:00 PM at the Freedom VFW Building.

Don't jump ship!...This post has remarks from 4 people from the Fox Valley area. If you let any one of the "locals" know if you want to ride you shouldn't ever be alone.

thunderstruck88

why don't you have the best of both worlds if you want to go ATV ing you can rent one also don't give up what you love or you will regret it .. THINK SNOW ( DUST in the wind) ROCK + ROLL and Vanilla Fudge!!!!:p

mikeh906

Since you already have a sled, buy a beater 4 wheeler. On the other hand if I had all the money I had spent on snowmobiling since 1970 to 2007-2008 my last season, I would be kicking myself as all the fun, friends, and family memories are priceless. My kids remember all the resorts, and highs and lows of the trips. My son spent all last season in co. wy. and Utah. sledding, and snowboarding the mountains filming a video. He is 22. Plans on the same this year. Do not sell it, you already own it, if you do not use it, no big deal. So why take the loss? Here is my sons web site. www.olscrew.com He has the most pics on face book. Its still a work in progress but, its the passion of the sport that keeps you coming back for more. Just think SNOW

jr37

Just go out and start the sled. If the sweet smell of that 2 stroke doesn't bring back the desire, I don't know what will. lol

yamahauler

If you only go twice a year...get the wheeler and then rent a sled those two times.

I prefer to have both even though I only have one and it is old. Well, it's an older body style, lol

01mndoo

Don't give up the sled just yet. A few years ago I thought about devoting my resources into wheeling. I bought the fastest ATV I could find at the time and rode it a bunch at first but slowly but surely it lost its thrill and it sat until I finally sold it. I have not found anything that gives me the rush of snowmobiling.