Help....thinking of giving up snowmobiling

steve1

Help, winter seems just to far away and there are some great deals on 4 wheelers. Before I do some stupid like trade my Rev on a new wheeler I need an intervention. Some one please tell me we will have a great winter with lots of snow and that snowmobiling is still better than four wheeling.

snowbuff

STOP!!! Don't do it!!! Snowmobiling IS better than wheeling. Faster, no face full of dust. No mud stucks, no going around lakes... go over lakes, better views and more.

I do like wheeling too, but snow is the way to go!!! :cool:

steve1

I need to join a snowmobile club. I live here in the fox valley (appleton) but travel up North
any recomendations?

brad

Join the Superior Snowmobile Club...........we groom Twin Lakes, Toivola, Greenland areas.......trails 3, 13, 109 in that area...........if you need more info let me know.

rsvectordude

I hate to say it but in today's economy if you can only afford to do one I would opt for the 4 wheeler. Way more time to use it versus a couple months a year. Not only can you wheel with it but also work, hunt, ice fish, etc. And it's way cheaper to run and maintain than even the 4 stroke sleds..

steve1

well said - just watching the video at the top of the thread reminds me why I prefer track over wheels.

steve1

indy 500 does the greenville knights travel up north at all. No offense but the riding down here sucks. It is all flat riding through fields.

Banks93

indy 500 does the greenville knights travel up north at all. No offense but the riding down here sucks. It is all flat riding through fields.

I think we have some of everything for our trails. You can go on Winnebago, go to the east to Kewaunee and Manitowoc county, west to Waupacau, Shawano county trails and north for any trails all from home. I wouldn't trade our Fox Valley location for anything. Maybe the Mountain, Townsend, Lakewood area come winter time but in a couple hour ride you can get to them on sled.

michaeladams

itried to quit one time,it went alright until i seen the trail markers going in then it got so bad i went and bought a sled so i didn't miss any mobilein'.

mezz

Stick with sledding, though now you can get tracks for wheelers which can go anywhere. But, it is not the same, you can't carve, you can't float in the deep & you can't move as fast on the wheeler as you can on the sled. By the time you spend hard earned 5 to 6 grand on the wheeler and an additional 3 to 4 grand on tracks, you might as well stay on the sled.:cool:-Mezz

hemi_newman

i would go for 4-wheeling you can ride all year long and in the winter time you still can find the best views and go across the lake instead of around the lake.

indy_500

they do an unofficial trip up north once a year. Not exactly a real club thing but a few guys always go up to the yoop

I enjoy the riding around here very much actually, its taken many years but i've found some great riding such as waushara county and shawano county.