Help with a 2006 rmk 600

ill marty

I have a 2006 rmk 600 .I tried starting it on Friday . It was hard to pull . Sometimes it is hard to pull at first , I pulled it about 5 times did not start . Fuel started pouring out the belly pan. I had it running great about 3 weeks ago. I usually take it to dealer for repairs . Is it possible that engine filled with fuel that's why it was hard to pull . It did loosen enough to pull . Any suggestions on where to start , Had my wife daughter and granddaughter didn't want to wrench all weekend at camp. We had 15 inchs of snow on wed . Saturday night we got another 15 inchs . So with 30 inchs snow on the ground of course my sled acts up.

indy_500

Sounds like the needle and seat in the carb are shot. When they go bad they flood the motor with fuel. Which in turn makes it hard to pull over since the motor is filled with fuel, and why it’s also coming out onto the floor. To fix you need to buy float assembly’s as Polaris doesn’t sell just the needle. The float needle has a rubber coating on it and over time it hardens up from ethanol fuel and doesn’t allow it to seal off on the seat and stop the fuel from flowing when the machine is shut off.

euphoric1

one other thing to check however not as common, pull pulse hose for fuel pump off crankcase to be sure you don't have a ruptured diaphragm causing fuel to enter crankcase via fuel pump as far as fuel coming from belly pan I agree probably needle & seats in carburetor or the O-ring where needle valve assemble goes into carb body, have had problem with these as well. fuel coming from belly pan is probably result of fuel coming from overflow tubes on carbs.

ill marty

I get it . So things to bring are new float assemblies . is there a carb rebuild kit I should buy also . I had the carb boots replaced last year with Polaris boots. I have someone to help me I need everything he needs to do the job so anything else to bring . Running for parts takes too much time

ill marty

Got my carbs cleaned and all is good . The dealer finished today . Put in new floats and cleaned carbs . The sled has always creeped forward when i first start it. They suggested a new clutch . Anyone been down this road before . 2006 rmk 600 ,

ill marty

Im so happy got my beast back at camp and shes running good. Keeping up on 5 older snowmachines is a challenge , HaHa I love it.