Hi there Jd'ers! Boonie here!

ridesafe

Hey everyone, being my dumb butt owner won't post some pictures of me I decided to do it myself. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing great and enjoying life! Its great!! I get to lay around all day taking naps... eating... taking more naps... then annoy my master when he gets home from work... he calls me pooper all the time but I know he loves me!
Have a great summer everyone!
Think Snow*
Boonie

IMG_1065Small.jpg

IMG_1067Small.jpg

IMG_1073Small.jpg

ridesafe

where's the chicken?? Booooooonie!!!!!!

Hey Boonie, how was that BBQ chicken you swiped off the counter the other day?

LOL Skylar!!!! I just was coming over to share the story... I tell ya what she's lucky it was only chicken and not Deb's Strudels! LOL

So it goes like this:
I fired up the weber and BBQ up 4 chicken leg/thighs Saturday night. I had set them on the counter ate one leg then proceeded to fall asleep. So I wake up Sunday morning to only one piece of chicken left on the counter. Upon investigating the situation I find a small pile of crunched up bones under the table (the thigh)

At this point I KNOW who's responsible and head to where She's sleeping... From under my bed not only do I drag Boonie out but here comes a chicken leg/thigh with her... (At this point I'm trying not to laugh!!) Well she got yelled at and put out on her leash all day. I gave her the "silent" treatment. Figured that'd teach her a lesson...

Well today I catch her just as shes pulling her head out of my bedroom closet... Low n behold there is another chicken leg/thigh she had hid! I couldn't help but bust out laughing... then she gets this sheepish look on her face! Oh man it was priceless!!!! LOL!!! So it turns out she only ate the thigh... and tried hiding the other two pieces...

She can be a brat at times but man does she have a personality. She literally can get me crying with laughter at times. She's been a real joy to have around. Even my other old dog (buddy) has a little more pep to him since she's been around. :)

Thanks everyone, its fun giving the updates. :)
Eric

Skidooski

I've been on this earth a good number of years and I've seen and heard many animal stories, both good and bad. I've been reading this thread and updates since it began last winter. I must say that this story of Boonie is one of the most heart felt display of unselfish generosity and caring for an animal I have ever read. I'm sure in "Doggie Heaven" you are a honored "savior of life". I certainly think so in this life. This update made my day!!! Thank you Ridesafe, you are a very special person and I am honored to have the opportunity to read this thread and be able to post a reply. Please pass the chicken!

favoritos

I concur with skidooski. Awesome job on saving a beautiful animal.

Must be pretty smart too. Hiding the stash. I love it.