Hope I never pass this crew

dfattack

This is an older link from 2015 but have never seen this before. My son sent the link to me and I watched and couldn't believe how they were riding. I don't want to be naive but in all my years I've never come across riders riding side by side and passing like they do. Sure it happens but holy crap.

Guy crashes at the end and is clapping. What an idiot. Sorry if it's someone you know but I hope I never come across these guys on the trail.

Last edited:

whitedust

Had 2 Polaris running side by side east on trail 6 east of the 45 junction I was leading headed west. I saw 2 red Polaris Jackets and was able to squeak by. Ken behind me not so lucky on old Venture 700 2 up ended up in the woods broke off his mirrors. Guys never stopped could have cared less. They were racing could have cared less about us. It happens and it sucks! Very dangerous!

goofy600

At least Trackers videos it was just him riding and not playing Ricky racer like these asshats were.

Last edited:

dfattack

Looks like a mix of different riders videos. The bulk of the video came from a guy riding a Yamaha while the guy who crashed was on a different sled. All were nuts.

favoritos

I was thinking of a different title.

I hope I never "meet" this crew.

Riding blind on the wrong side is the scary part. I have met groups doing that little stunt on nice long straights. It's a downright pucker moment when you see the third or so sled coming at you in the snow dust.
Another scary part the footage is mainly from helmet cams. How often do you see the helmet turn to look for the other sleds?

It's one thing to slightly miss a turn. Not even close is a whole other realm. They are playing with bad odds.

G

G

Riding side by side or immediately behind at speed is safer than being all strung out. Not as much dust and you can see. It is usually the dust that gets you. Have seen much slower groups that were a lot more dangerous. At least these guys are paying attention.

jonesin

Riding side by side or immediately behind at speed is safer than being all strung out. Not as much dust and you can see. It is usually the dust that gets you. Have seen much slower groups that were a lot more dangerous. At least these guys are paying attention.
lol, you are going to get jumped!
I agree with riding just out of the dust behind and to the side, getting in the dust is like riding blind

favoritos

I agree that works with small groups. I often ride with one other guy and we ride slightly staggered for visibility. Hard to describe, but diagonally off the bumper. It gets harder to do with more riders in the mix. We do have a general rule in the group. If you can't see, drop back, we'll wait for you at the next intersection.