How Do You People Do It in the Northwoods?

blkhwkbob

The funny thing is that probably 50% of the residents north of say, Minocqua, go south in the winter! Then there's 25% that are just second homes/weekenders, and probably 25% full time residents. So, yeah, winter up there isn't for everyone.

j1cousin

Okay it's been 2 weeks since I have asked this question. And I have continued to still watch the cameras up there and winter doesnt seem to be loosening its grip yet up there. Lots of snow still on the ground and still coming down I see. Are you guys tired of it yet now? lol

whitedust

Okay it's been 2 weeks since I have asked this question. And I have continued to still watch the cameras up there and winter doesnt seem to be loosening its grip yet up there. Lots of snow still on the ground and still coming down I see. Are you guys tired of it yet now? lol

The April snow we are getting in Vilas is very wet not our typical dry snow so pretty darn messy stuff that melts into slush crud that is useless for snow fun. Our trails are closed but not rideable conditions with open areas burned down to mud & many wooded trail areas are ice puddles or 4" of pack ice. In the woods 15-20" of iceberg snow that melts & freezes so hard going without snow shoes. This snow melt will & help lake levels so that is a good thing. The downside is we can't get any Spring chores done that bridge to summer activities. So don't be upset with your painter, landscaper, pier guy, roofer, builder or Marina they have been srewed out of 2-3 weeks of labor & still on hold to maybe next week & only have access to areas without road limits. So YES the outdoor trades have been hurt badly by extended winter the rest of us just keep on keeping on just wanting better weather but nothing we can do so why worry? :)