How long has your Battery lasted.

legend02

My 02 legend 10,000 miles still has the original battery, anybody else have a battery last that long. I don't trickle charge in the off season or ever and I'm amazed it hasn't gone yet.

Last edited:
Batteies are funny..you may get one that lasts beyond wrrenty and you may get one that will only last a year. They are a breed of their own.

D

Deleted member 10829

After 5 seasons and 10,700 miles, I had to replace my battery in my FST Classic this year.

amore4224

I have an 06 Apex with my original battery. This fall it turned over ok but when I load tested it and it failed horribly. No telling what it would do sitting overnight in zero degree weather. I just picked up a new battery yesterday at the Interstate dealer and paid $73. Cheap insurance now

tundra ron

battery

My 06 venture has the originial battery. It started two days ago. I will try tomorow if it does not start will buy new. Sled has 9000 mi.

900RMtanK

Last one in one of my sleds lasted 3 seasons. Just replaced the original in my 2003 Sporstman 600. Has a plow with winch too so surprised it lasted over 7 years.

Thats about right, seems like you get a good one or a bad one.

whitedust

I have had good luck 10 year on Doo GT before I sold it just charged once every season. 03 Doo failed 1st week -17 temps remember that 1 pulling over tight new 800. Not all that important with 2s & I carry jumpers for current 4s just incase. If my 4s battery slugs at all it is a goner.

edmarino

I keep mine on a battery tender when ever it is not being used (riden). Still have the orginial battery's in sleds Polaris 04 and a Yamaha 05. Getting to old to keep buying new sleds, don't ride the way I used to. And living on retirement income in today's economy just can't afford to change every other year any more.

Canoepaddler

I have an 06 Apex with my original battery. This fall it turned over ok but when I load tested it and it failed horribly. No telling what it would do sitting overnight in zero degree weather. I just picked up a new battery yesterday at the Interstate dealer and paid $73. Cheap insurance now

How do you load test them? Thanks

polarisdude

Mine has lasted 4 years now put it on a trickle charger in the off season. Lasted two seasons before without. 2005 500 Polaris Classic.

harvest1121

1 year on an 01 sport touring 550 and 1 year on a 94 classic touring 500. ES sucks!

I am 4 years this season on my skidoo. I have never did anything to it not even a charge. I would never buy another sled without es. Its so nice to tap the button and it fires up. Just wait a few more decades Indy the es and reverse is really nice. Look at skidoo now if you order es you do not even get a rope anymore.