How many have hit Deer this year?

clark_w

So how many others out there have hit Deer this year?? I just got mine Monday night, damn little four pointer totaled out my Ford Escape.

118365.jpg

yamahauler

clark: My wife totaled out her car 2 weeks ago after we just switched insurance companies one mth earlier. That very next weekend, we came inches from taking out a huge 8-10 point with the rental car. He was so close that all I saw was a head of horns in the windshield. I was waiting for the big thud and air bags to go off and all I hear is clank, clank, clank down the side of the car. Somehow, only the horns of the dear went down the side of the car. Only thing I can think of is that he put the binders on hardddd! Horns didn't even scratch the car, just left horn material that I was able to scrap off, it was unreal.

whitedust

No deer to hit in Vilas County. Finally the DNR agrees & says will take 3-4 years for the herd to recover. Few if any doe tags. All the deer down south in farm land of WI......not much in the northwoods where they belong.

S

skylar

I had one run into me last week. I had just come around a 90 degree corner on my way to work, when out jumped a 4 point from the cornfield. He was close enough that if I were to get on the brakes, I knew I would hit him, so I got on the gas, swerved right, put the the passenger side tires into the ditch, and heard a thud, he ran into the car just below the rear passenger door handle. One small little dent, that was it. Horny little bugger should look both ways before crossing the road!

landoman

Clark_W - that is totalled? Wow. Father in law swerved to miss on last year with my truck and went into the ditch and hit a tree head on or at least that was his story $15k in damage but not totalled.

118370.jpg

joks79

I hit one with the wife's Mariner in August. Last week I almost got a COW with my truck. This farm never has his animals contained. That would have totaled my truck.

kurt_g

I was riding in Vilas county in September and seen way to many deer. I'm thankful my wife talked me into buying the ABS braking for the new motorcycle, the deer that ran out in front us, we missed and was close enough that at 55 mph I could here the holves clacking on the pavement. I'm not swerving to lose control and crash.

ezra

I had hoof marks on the hood of my 01 mxz 800{pos} new sled that year maybe it was 02 cant remember Olympic ed what ever. got on her hard for the first time on a logging rd doing almost 100mph and a deer jumped out about 10ft in fr of me.well after I crapped my snow pants I hit the breaks and the deer jumped and his rear foot clipped the hood and up the wind shield.I then had to stop open the brandy and try to unwind.

teamditchpickle

Our technology director from school hit one in August around Merrill on his Harley with his Girlfriend on back. Slowed down to about 40 to 45 on contact. Just watched the 8 point missed his father to hit him. hit, slid, and came to stop 115 feet later. Girl unconscious for 5 hours came to ok, Randall broke alot, just recently started moving alright. He already bought an new one, drove up to the accident site, and has gotten over it to a point. he was geared up and had a half helmet on.

jroz

There has been alot of carnage in the cornfield areas of Barron and Polk Counties of 'Sconnie. My scariest moment came on a trail going across a picked cornfield between Barron and Cumberland at 2 am at about 85 mph. Whew!!! I missed that first one!! The guy behind me saw the other 10 hanging out on the trail.

landoman, Ouch. I had to do a double take. My 2009 Tacoma is the same color, trim, etc. etc. I wondered how it would withstand an impact but don't want to find out personally. How is the truck treating you overall?

landoman

It is a good truck. Pulls my 3 place good. I am thinking of trading for a Tundra but have yet to find a deal that I like.

That crash was about 30mph into a 16" diameter birch tree. The entire front was pushed back into the motor. None of the pulleys would spin, soemthing down by the wheels was bent so you could not turn the wheels, and it also slide down the hill after the hit and hit another tree on the passenger door and roof.

It was at a toyota body shop for 6.5 weeks. I was not happy. It needed to be about 16500 in damages to be totalled and it came out with 15500. It was repainted 2x and sent back 2x. It was even towed on a flatbed to my house in SE WI cuz the guy knew i was pissed cuz he had it for 4 weeks already (240 miles away as this happened in minocqua), I took 1 look at it and said put it back on the truck and take it with you. I looked like the high school body shop had worked on it. He towed it 240 miles back up north again.

Sometimes you find out the hard way who not to deal with. If anyone has a toyota in the wisconsin northwoods and crashes, I wouldn't tow to Rhinelander for repair.

Let me know if you want to buy it..... lol