How many miles did you put on this season?

favoritos

Had some of the best riding ever in the north metro and central MN area and you drove away from it???
Funny you mention that fact. I didn't use the ol noggin too well when I bought this home. The closest trail is about sixteen miles so I'm already loading up every time I go to ride. I usually figure I might as well go a little further once I'm loaded and ready to go.;)

I'm joking around about that a little, but it's a bummer not being able to just hop on and ride from home. When the house was purchased, I didn't think it would be a big deal, but I'm riding a lot more now. That means even more loading and hauling.

SledTL

Funny you mention that fact. I didn't use the ol noggin too well when I bought this home. The closest trail is about sixteen miles so I'm already loading up every time I go to ride. I usually figure I might as well go a little further once I'm loaded and ready to go.;)

I'm joking around about that a little, but it's a bummer not being able to just hop on and ride from home. When the house was purchased, I didn't think it would be a big deal, but I'm riding a lot more now. That means even more loading and hauling.
Where do you ride out of? I usually drop in Hugo.

600_RMK_144

The stucks get to be a lot more work when the kids are on mtn sleds. Last year in West Yellowstone a couple of them had me worried when it was just my son and I. He feels we'll eventually dig out of anything, and he's probably right, but my tired old butt would be fine avoiding some of them.
You are not kidding! That one we were off the trail in the woods pretty far. Not another sled in sight. I've gotten pretty good at directing him on what to do, where to dig, etc. He does 90% of the work. I just come over, do the pin & wiggle and ride it out to get back on top of the snow. He hates that and started trying to ride it out himself towards the end of the season. But yeah, when the mtn. sleds get stuck, you know it's deep and you are going to be digging for a bit!!!!

Reactions: elf

warner

i really don't keep track of any of it, for me these days it's about the enjoyment of being with friends and family while being outside playing in the snow. however, the truck i am sure has way more miles on it pointed north and then south most of the winter. Was a fun winter in the north and a very disappointing one in southern Wisco.
summer fun coming our way !

goofy600

Had my best season ever, 2700-2800ish on my 22 then traded it in 3 week of February and put about 1300 more on it. All right from the garage which is why. Another 550ish in the groomer. As for fuel I have a 300 gallon tank at the house about 280 really that I filled twice this season. Between the family at least 9 gallons of 2 smoke oil, so new sled is 4s also getting momma a 4s for next year she did probably 3600-3700 miles. She also rode her sled to work probably 8-10 times this year which is cool.

Boilermaker

1350 miles. 2 days of riding trip in central UP the first weekend in January, and 4 day of riding the western UP on a saddlebag trip at the end of February. Stayed with family in central UP. So pretty inexpensive for the first trip compared to the second.

lofsfire

6 Trips 2450 miles on my truck and trailer, plus another 1900 when my friends drove.
Cadillac, MI
Trout Lake, MI
Cadillac, MI
Cadillac, MI
St Germain, WI
Mercer, Wi

My Sled 850 miles
My oldest son's sled 250 miles (Three of the trips)
My youngest son's sled 70 miles and one broken arm. (His actual arm not the a-arm. sled was unhurt.) (Only one of the trips)

Took some new people to the Snowmobile Hall of Fame and the Top-of-the-Lake Snowmobile Museum during two of those trips too.

snomoman

1006 miles, One single week long trip in the UP, I’m so glad I didn’t go the week before, the trails were absolutely terrible, when we got there it snowed and snowed and snowed again…what a dream

Attachments

• 07253B20-6CD0-4527-85E7-7F48E343502B.jpeg
    07253B20-6CD0-4527-85E7-7F48E343502B.jpeg
    898.3 KB · Views: 69
  • C0689F39-AD4C-40B2-B3C8-02E6236F8826.jpeg
    C0689F39-AD4C-40B2-B3C8-02E6236F8826.jpeg
    936.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 37126B87-EAFC-4B4A-87BF-A8F8C6CBC615.jpeg
    37126B87-EAFC-4B4A-87BF-A8F8C6CBC615.jpeg
    419.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 1827C3B5-5786-434E-AEEA-81A99C651A84.jpeg
    1827C3B5-5786-434E-AEEA-81A99C651A84.jpeg
    938.3 KB · Views: 73

ddhanna

1006 miles, One single week long trip in the UP, I’m so glad I didn’t go the week before, the trails were absolutely terrible, when we got there it snowed and snowed and snowed again…what a dream
4th pic was off trail in a place clearly marked No Snowmobiling.

lofsfire

4th pic was off trail in a place clearly marked No Snowmobiling.
Might want to look at the picture again...

That is part of the trail. Also I do not know Snomoman or his group but I do know that area. As I've been there myself. That is the top of Brockway Mountain. Not one sign I remember but lots of tracks all over at the top.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I assume you thought it was Lake of the Clouds overlook. Which is off-limits and had rocks that make up the safety wall. Was up there in the summer once and did not realize how tall the walls were.

Last edited:

snomoman

Might want to look at the picture again...

That is part of the trail. Also I do not know Snomoman or his group but I do know that area. As I've been there myself. That is the top of Brockway Mountain. Not one sign I remember but lots of tracks all over at the top.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I assume you thought it was Lake of the Clouds overlook. Which is off-limits and had rocks that make up the safety wall. Was up there in the summer once and did not realize how tall the walls were.
Definitely Brockway mountain, probably been there 20 times,
Back in the day you could ride up to the top of the lake of the clouds trail, (if you wanted to, although not a good idea) rumor has it that someone actually drove off that cliff and survived…

Last edited:

whitedust

Definitely Brockway mountain, probably been there 20 times,
Back in the day you could ride up to the top of the lake of the clouds trail, rumor has it that someone actually drove off that cliff
Yep did it in the 90s with wife on 2up blew right thru sign saying end of trail with wife pounding on my helmet. Lol. Stopped right at top plateau overlooking the edge of LOC. Got wifey off the sled told her to browse around while I struggled to get our Indy Deluxe turned around. 25 below when we left Silver City no idea the temp at the top? Later that year I heard a guy drove right off the edge but got hung up in rocks and trees which kept him from plummeting to the bottom. Imo easy to do back in the 90s. Lol

lofsfire

Yep did it in the 90s with wife on 2up blew right thru sign saying end of trail with wife pounding on my helmet. Lol. Stopped right at top plateau overlooking the edge of LOC. Got wifey off the sled told her to browse around while I struggled to get our Indy Deluxe turned around. 25 below when we left Silver City no idea the temp at the top? Later that year I heard a guy drove right off the edge but got hung up in rocks and trees which kept him from plummeting to the bottom. Imo easy to do back in the 90s. Lol
That's too funny. Not sure how you would get a sled up there now. Other than the walking path but I think there are stairs if I remember correctly...

Here is my son at the same spot on top of Brockway Mountain.
AMWts8D6jGRWFYMhpE6AJDm57BOd3JyixOCUXMj7jwSBY6ccgQlOdCRQGHgcDuZg1Zb66KmF0GE4HpkzY06lNEOLupzEXitXASA8lZPxTZJ0wg6mbCfBkBz99VxjlAA1xyKlf-Zp7XLPher1QmnJF07FY2WpnA=w1199-h899-s-no

Not sure why that would not post earlier...

My first time up to Brockway Mountain in Feb of 2009 there was a sled that went over the edge at one of the hairpin turns coming down toward Copper Harbor. He was fine and the sled not so much. I got this story from the guy at the gas station. At that time there was a little phone booth that you would reach down to the ground to pay at because the snow was so deep. So the guy sitting in there is in full snowmobile gear with a little heater... Being my first time I ask him which restaurant to go to. He tells me he does not know he is not from the area... I'm confused at this point. He could see the look on my face. So he speaks up and said I was just hear getting gas and the owner said he had to go get a sled that was wrecked. and he would have to close that gas or have someone sit here and watch it... So this guy said he'd do it so no one was out of gas. Just a few minutes later Jake the owner/ Fire Chief/ sled recovery guy showed up with this sled!
AMWts8DYAK1ajqXf8fYLfMDjRVGhImeHs1TXXn55sItE6m5jttUocJ5ySd2hxPdMW6o3k8jaxXAfOC2e4yTHQLyu7BBbfCLja5ZmVBi5xaTi0W5g7WToJGk0hVUWlzBJ02IQd3-H2ABs-10yDAAKLwWzFrUVTQ=w1199-h899-s-no