How many miles did you put on this season?

lt250rfd

Just under 1600 between both sleds in marinette, florence, forest counties in Wisconsin and dickinson & iron counties Michigan. Didn't get to ride every weekend like normal

pclark

That's too funny. Not sure how you would get a sled up there now. Other than the walking path but I think there are stairs if I remember correctly...

Here is my son at the same spot on top of Brockway Mountain.
AMWts8D6jGRWFYMhpE6AJDm57BOd3JyixOCUXMj7jwSBY6ccgQlOdCRQGHgcDuZg1Zb66KmF0GE4HpkzY06lNEOLupzEXitXASA8lZPxTZJ0wg6mbCfBkBz99VxjlAA1xyKlf-Zp7XLPher1QmnJF07FY2WpnA=w1199-h899-s-no

Not sure why that would not post earlier...

My first time up to Brockway Mountain in Feb of 2009 there was a sled that went over the edge at one of the hairpin turns coming down toward Copper Harbor. He was fine and the sled not so much. I got this story from the guy at the gas station. At that time there was a little phone booth that you would reach down to the ground to pay at because the snow was so deep. So the guy sitting in there is in full snowmobile gear with a little heater... Being my first time I ask him which restaurant to go to. He tells me he does not know he is not from the area... I'm confused at this point. He could see the look on my face. So he speaks up and said I was just hear getting gas and the owner said he had to go get a sled that was wrecked. and he would have to close that gas or have someone sit here and watch it... So this guy said he'd do it so no one was out of gas. Just a few minutes later Jake the owner/ Fire Chief/ sled recovery guy showed up with this sled!
AMWts8DYAK1ajqXf8fYLfMDjRVGhImeHs1TXXn55sItE6m5jttUocJ5ySd2hxPdMW6o3k8jaxXAfOC2e4yTHQLyu7BBbfCLja5ZmVBi5xaTi0W5g7WToJGk0hVUWlzBJ02IQd3-H2ABs-10yDAAKLwWzFrUVTQ=w1199-h899-s-no
I remember riding up to the gas pumps and having to reach down to get the gas hose as it was almost buried in snow.

SunnySide

900 miles. Started in December riding the Sundowner's trails in Rock / Dane counties (surprisingly great area!), rode to work a couple times in Walworth, had an overnight trip in Tomahawk, and two trips to Mercer. Very satisfied! Now to wash and change the oil

bayfly

I managed to get in 12 trips with 20 days of riding this season. Also introduced 6 people new to riding in the UP. We had 2 additional trips with no riding due to poor conditions. Some of the days were low mile exploring so the total miles are not necessarily representative of the time on the sled. All-in-all a good year for me, and my first season post-retirement. Looking forward to next season already!

fjr4me

2,250 miles with one more day trip on Friday.

Since I'm retiring next week, I hope that next year I can get in 5k+. It will be fun trying. :)

favoritos

Where do you ride out of? I usually drop in Hugo.
Sounds like you live close by my location. I'm able to see the towers from my yard and TCAAP is just down the road.

BTW, as a side note to the discussion. I probably put on about 100 feet of riding around home. That was all loading and unloading between trips. I could live in a snow desert and still have the same miles. I envy anyone that can ride from their door.

SledTL

Sounds like you live close by my location. I'm able to see the towers from my yard and TCAAP is just down the road.

BTW, as a side note to the discussion. I probably put on about 100 feet of riding around home. That was all loading and unloading between trips. I could live in a snow desert and still have the same miles. I envy anyone that can ride from their door.
You have to be down the road from me, in between snail and sucker lake. I'm in the club out of Lino Lakes and usually drop at Blacksmith. Chisago and Polk county were great riding this year.

xcr440

Some impressive miles here guys! Some of you must go through a lot of sleds!
I have three sleds, and all of them have high miles....

All Switchback bailer style:

2016 800 Pro-S with 7,850 (Stock motor)
2018 800 XCR with 13,700 (Rebuilt last year at 12,034, and got a new track)
2021 850 XCR with 11,000 (Stock motor, getting a new track this off season) - still have warranty on that until Jan 12, 2025!

wisco-mb

I always love the end of year threads to hear everyone's stories.
Great year for our crew! Just a tad under 2K mileage.
In central WI, our local trails were only open for 6 days. Only 2.5 of them were really good. Just couldn't beat the warmth this year.
We rode in 14 different counties in WI. Thanks to all the clubs!
We got to experience new trails in Burnet & Polk in WI, and Marquette/Big Bay area in UP. Had a buddy take us exploring off trail in forest roads NW of Big Bay.
My 3.5 year old boy had around 200 miles on his 120, and 800 miles riding with us. Little dude loves to ride! We had countless Sundays where we would ride in our neighbor's back field. I had over 30 miles clocked on my odometer multiple times. Looks like I have to replace the track now:)

Attachments

• 3-29.PNG
    3-29.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 3-29-1.PNG
    3-29-1.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

xcr440

I live south of you in Winona MN, I must say, the thought of crossing the big river in winter makes my stomach turn.

Yeah, we were in Lake City back to back weeks. The first week we rode down to the river by the Sportsmans Club south of town. We stayed on the north end by Kelly's, and while having dinner one of my son's friends parents stumbled in. They own the golf course south of Lake City. As it turns out, they try to walk across every year to the Pickle Factory, and Monday was his scouting day! He drills and measures ice every 100 yards or so, and had 13"-16" all the way across there. So the next week my son and I planned to ride to my sister's house for the night, who lives in New Richmond, WI. When we got to the shore, I told him that if I go in, don't follow me... It was a little nerve wracking for sure as we were making first tracks over and back the next day. I probably would have never done it if I didn't have first hand info on the ice thickness.

CC9AF5F7-2580-44B2-AB0D-AFB7CCE52E3C.jpeg
DE28B826-44F4-4AE1-B25C-9721ECEF4496.jpeg
It’s 5 miles across on this route… EF22C0CA-5738-4D43-A9DC-ECA348342D17.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, we were in Lake City back to back weeks. The first week we rode down to the river by the Sportsmans Club south of town. We stayed on the north end by Kelly's, and while having dinner one of my son's friends parents stumbled in. They own the golf course south of Lake City. As it turns out, they try to walk across every year to the Pickle Factory, and Monday was his scouting day! He drills and measures ice every 100 yards or so, and had 13"-16" all the way across there. So the next week my son and I planned to ride to my sister's house for the night, who lives in New Richmond, WI. When we got to the shore, I told him that if I go in, don't follow me... It was a little nerve wracking for sure as we were making first tracks over and back the next day. I probably would have never done it if I didn't have first hand info on the ice thickness.

View attachment 68338
View attachment 68339
It’s 5 miles across on this route… View attachment 68340
Wow, that is too cool, I hadn't realized it would be that far across Lake Pepin!

xcr440

Wow, that is too cool, I hadn't realized it would be that far across Lake Pepin!
I guess on the north end of Lake City there, crossing over to Stockholm they say its "only" a mile. They have a mini golf deal they do in February there sponsored by Kelly's, and they call it the "Mile Wide Open". There were tracks going out there as well, but from what I understand, the power plant in Prairie Island dumps warm water into the river, as well as the current sweeps around that point pretty good. I felt a lot better going the way we did.

eagle1

😳 dang 7500 miles.......I clearly need to work less and find some high milers to ride with. Lol

1fujifilm

A lot of guys gettin her done on here, great to see.
Me, only about 900. Did get to ride 23 Poo 850 and 650 sleds as well as 23 850 Doo.
Inflation stinks! Lodging owners have us by the crotch with their amped up prices..no thanks.

Bear

300 miles up north, 0 mile in southwest Michigan Benton Harbor area. However Indy 5 grand in Florida with family 5 with get you bout 10 days with condo and golf cart. Problem is these sled rentals up north are way overpriced so to bring others along to introduce them to the sport not possible. You can get 6 seater cart for 100 a day with tax and fees. Cart retail at 15 grand so don’t play the 600 snowmobile cost more and less usable days not apply.

Attachments

• 7E811611-7CCB-4E17-9FF3-CF4BB9ADE264.jpeg
    7E811611-7CCB-4E17-9FF3-CF4BB9ADE264.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 6EF1FC89-B892-46C8-A79E-A6F656EF52DB.jpeg
    6EF1FC89-B892-46C8-A79E-A6F656EF52DB.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18

dfattack

Just under 1600 between both sleds in marinette, florence, forest counties in Wisconsin and dickinson & iron counties Michigan. Didn't get to ride every weekend like normal
Curious how you would rate the trails in those areas?