How many miles did you put on this season?

uncle_ed

Was able to ride out of the garage in silver lake a couple of times. Had snow that came and went a few times and was deep enough for a rip. Only one trip north but was to the Keeweenaw and was never that far west before so was very cool. Going back for sure! Might have around 600 for the season. Thought I would ride more after retirement....stupid winters

lt250rfd

Curious how you would rate the trails in those areas?
Imo usually great with low traffic. Obviously this season rain & warmups didn't help out but the clubs worked magic where could. Partial to the area though, property in northern marinette county. For the rides we did get in most was flat and fast this year.

old abe

M
Cool topic.

@indy_500 I'm interested how the riding was around Ashland? We drive through there but have not stopped to ride. It was odd to see more snow and less fishing on the bay this year. In fact, I'd say the snow across northern WI looked pretty darn good this season. It was tempting to cut the drive short.

We did a bonus trip last week so the season ended with more miles than normal. Spring riding is generally hit or miss. Decided to give it a shot and rode in hit and miss. One full day of riding in the rain was almost a deal breaker, but the following snow days sure made up for that hiccup. It was the first time I've had snow coming over the windshield on Gogebic.

I'm almost nervous to add up all the dollars. Lodging and gas are big chunks. The tow rig got quite a few miles with almost zero riding at home. Put 4,000 miles each on two of the sleds. Two spare sleds even saw about 1,200 each miles this season. It's fun trying to introduce new people into the sport and we "subsidize" their trips by providing sleds and covering most associated expenses. Had some real troupers this season.

The trip count and overall miles were higher than normal this season. Weather timing helped a lot.

Overall, I'd call it a good season.
My wife and I love riding NW Sconny when the snow is good. As I've been told it was great this year, as good as it's been in 30 years.. Ashland south and west is good riding.

old abe

Had my best season ever, 2700-2800ish on my 22 then traded it in 3 week of February and put about 1300 more on it. All right from the garage which is why. Another 550ish in the groomer. As for fuel I have a 300 gallon tank at the house about 280 really that I filled twice this season. Between the family at least 9 gallons of 2 smoke oil, so new sled is 4s also getting momma a 4s for next year she did probably 3600-3700 miles. She also rode her sled to work probably 8-10 times this year which is cool.
Ha ha, was all that oil Sea and Snow I hope!