How many of yoose can eat a whole pasty???

slimcake

I just can't friggen do it. Krupps version. I have been outside all afternoon. Didn't hardly eat lunch and I'm done. Full. Couldn't drink a beer if I had to give me some whiskey!!! Darn good though!! 16039295470018059828919497976059.jpg

snomoman

Oh my the pasties at Krupps , I always get one with a little gravy on the side and then I get one of those bear claws Yum Yum Yum wish I could get some now, I guess you really have to like them because they do have a little bit somewhat of a plain taste to them, it’s an acquired taste, Too bad they don’t have some kind of a provision to where they can ship all over the country

indy_500

I eat a whole one when I get up there in the morning on my day trips before I ride. Notta problem!

euphoric1

Krupps pasties should be on the Michigan shield! The year my wife separated her knee, riding a sled that was in limp mode with a long ride back to the cabin, she still wanted to stop and pick up Krupps pasties, anyone who hasn't had one...YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!! Don't forget the gravy! and a cookie! Heavenly food made by wonderful people!!

euphoric1

OH! you said _pasty_. Gotta work on my reading comprehension skills.

oops...maybe referring to the food product plural would be pasty's not pasties, didn't think about that, didn't intend to be a rated "R" post, to clarify I get "pasty's" at Krupps...not pasties, didn't see any of those there...;)

xcr440

oops...maybe referring to the food product plural would be pasty's not pasties, didn't think about that, didn't intend to be a rated "R" post, to clarify I get "pasty's" at Krupps...not pasties, didn't see any of those there...;)

You made me have to go look it up - LOL

No problem! I probably should only eat half of one! My clothes may fit a lil looser lol. Never had the gravy with them or had a fresh one. But I always stop and buy frozen ones to take back home. 20201029_171621.jpg
20201029_171621.jpg
I think Ill do just that!

Attachments

• 16040100577153954777516458848093.jpg
    16040100577153954777516458848093.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 5

sweeperguy

Always eat a whole one. Rarely never finish. Krupps are great, there are others in the UP just as good. I even like the ones with rutabagas in them. That is an acquired taste for most though. I hrew up on them so the palette is trained

frnash

Krupps pasties should be on the Michigan shield! The year my wife separated her knee, riding a sled that was in limp mode with a long ride back to the cabin, she still wanted to stop and pick up Krupps pasties, anyone who hasn't had one...YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!! Don't forget the gravy! and a cookie! Heavenly food made by wonderful people!!
Gravy??? On pasty? Ye dogs! :disgust:

Pyhäinhäväistys! Ketsuppi kiitos! (Sacrilege! Ketchup please!)

This may explain it (an old Finnish tradition :smile:) from the Nordic Recipe Archive:
"Thinking of basic brown sauce induces a feeling of disgust in some Finns — and they cannot be blamed when one has seen the horrid "gravy" they have been fed with throughout their lives in most Finnish homes, restaurants and school or workplace canteens, poorly prepared by unskilled cooks, mostly using industrial sauce bases or instant sauce mixes.

In addition, as the unimaginative dish of "boiled potatoes with brown sauce" was considered as staple, cheap daily grub of the poorer bygone generations, the sauce is generally frowned upon, usually by those who have never had it properly made. Of course, there are also those who always eat it quite happily, no matter how grainy, starch-tasting and unappetising it may be :)

At its worst, badly prepared brown sauce is a slimy, lumpy, brownish-grey "glue" made just by thickening some low-grade, watery stock with uncooked flour, or using ready-made instant thickener flours or starch mixes."

oops...maybe referring to the food product plural would be pasty's not pasties, didn't think about that, didn't intend to be a rated "R" post, to clarify I get "pasty's" at Krupps...not pasties, didn't see any of those there...:wink:
"… plural would be pasty's not pasties …"?

Um, no! Ya do not ever make a plural with an apostrophe, that makes it possessive, not plural!
Example: one dog, two dogs (plural), a dog's tail, two dogs' tails (possessive).

Sheesh! English is a dying language!

Last edited:

snomoman