How much do you look into miles when buying a sled?

Hoosier

One thing I'll look for next time I'm buying a sled is how it was transported. The sled I have now has had quite a few miles on an open trailer. I can hardly believe the wear and tear the sled gets from riding on the trailer. I don't know if it impacts the sled but the corrosion is everywhere. I will have an enclosed trailer before I buy another sled.

rp7x

One thing I'll look for next time I'm buying a sled is how it was transported. The sled I have now has had quite a few miles on an open trailer. I can hardly believe the wear and tear the sled gets from riding on the trailer. I don't know if it impacts the sled but the corrosion is everywhere. I will have an enclosed trailer before I buy another sled.
x2

ezra

you kids are forgetting the low mi sleds like say a showroom f7/cfr8/800doo whatever with less than 1000mi great right? not really I have seen many sleds sold looking way more clean than when new but 400 of the 800mi were full speed hard launches with a 80hp shot of nos 660 ft at a time.put back to stock and sold usualy as the wifes sled that never got used .would you rather have that or a 3500mi trail sled?

xcsp

x3 !

Went from an open trailer to an enclosed years ago, so many advantages from an open trailer as many find out-sleds stay clean-not full of road salt/slush/etc., no covers to take on and off, better security.

polarisman

i have to say clean sells, im a neat freak and heck polished the underside of my tunnel before i sold my last sled, the sled was a 07 polaris switchback with every close to 10,000 miles on, yeah it had a few scratchs on but it was spotless and when the guy that bought it came to look at it he didnt want to buy it cause of the miles but bought it because of how cleaned it was and he knew that ment it was cared for, needless to say the sled i sold was resold/traded by the guy after it sat out all summer and was beat to **** by the sun, he then found a new sled and traded it in when it was all dirty and sun faded and lost money big time on the sled, he paid 3000 for it and got 1500 dollars on the sled.