How they are going to restrict Snowmobile access to all US Forest Service Land.

Wow...

Huh, I would have thought this post would have generated a small discussion at least... No one realizes the left wing groups (like Winter Wildlands Alliance) that support this won't stop at the Western states? They win fights like this they will not stop there. Also, if you as a mid-westerner are thinking of enjoying a ride in Yellowstone or up a Togwotee, you'd be smart to read this thread over at Snowest. Wake up folks, they're really gunning for an end to our sport. Read it all over and support your sport across the USA.

eao

Its going on up here but mostly to ATV's right now.

What going to happen when the catch you? Go directly to jail. Who was the well know racers who on snowmobiles wander into some national park out west some years back. Did they not get a heap of trouble over that, sled confiscation etc. Its not only being on the land but the emissions and noise coming from your machine is also what they want to stop.

Eventually all sleds, ATV's and well as motor vehicles will have chips in them and you will show up as a blip of the radar in DC and they will scramble the USAF out to investigate and eliminate the threat to the protected lands. LOL

Last edited:

thunderstruck88

I would love to check out all our government people garages and see if any of them own an ATV or snowmoblie if so they better not go anywhere either It's Al Gore that wants to do all of this cause he owns a huge part in a GO GREEN business . I think he'd like us all to go back and ride a horse and He's nuts anyhow God wants what he wants and there is nothing more powerful then God !!!!!

Banks93

This is not good. I guess we will all be snowmobiling on our yards like Indy pretty soon seeing who can do the most laps.

tilltheend

I thought this would have generated a little more conversation on here as well. Maybe everyone forgot that this proposal covers all US forest service lands including ones in the Midwest; Hiawatha National Forest , Ottawa national forest both in the UP. Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition and Saws today they fight for all motorized vehicle access...

Last edited:

whitedust

Not supposed to be politctal statements per rules but the way I see it NOT much we can do as long as dems or in. You know Al Gore's agenda most dems in favor of addtional park restrictions. I have written my letters to dems & they just say sorry we do NOT agree & keep passing more restrictive laws. Just the way it is until Nov then a whole lot of undoing will slowly evolve. Mods if this is out of line just delete my post.

nytro_rtx

tilltheend, I agree, i thought this would be a hot topic also. Smoking today, this next!! Will be joining BRC & SAWS within the next couple weeks.
nytro

mxz_chris

Not lawful to leave trail in WI. Could be busted for riding from home to trail. Sucks but WI law now.

When did this happen? I just checked page 6-8 of the snowmobile reg's, still states ditchbanging and driving to a trail acces point is legal. Am I reading it wrong?

Banks93

When did this happen? I just checked page 6-8 of the snowmobile reg's, still states ditchbanging and driving to a trail acces point is legal. Am I reading it wrong?

It is legal as long as you are going with traffic at night time in the day time I don't think it matters.

whitedust

Ubee has more details than I do but became law last year. Ubee had a lot more at stake as a Guide to lose than I did as a rider. Ubee & I both sent letters to drop snowmobiles from bill they did not. WI law left it up to police to enforce when they felt warranted. Both Ubee & I decided to ride to trail neither of us got busted butttttttttttttttt we could with new law. PM Ubee or he might chime in.

favoritos

This subject should get a lot more coverage than the smoking ban thread.

Come on gang, are we going to let this happen and then complain about it after we have nowhere left to ride.

mxz_chris

This subject should get a lot more coverage than the smoking ban thread.

Come on gang, are we going to let this happen and then complain about it after we have nowhere left to ride.

What should we do? I joined Blue Ribbon, I'm in a club, and every politician I am represented by has been e-mailed. I am open to anything else.
The smoking ban had many opinions, this has only one, and we all agree, that's why no big discussion.