How's it going out there

bearrassler

I have been reading most of the posts about the Covid 19 pandemic and am glad that I live where I do. In ND we have the usual things shut down like schools, theaters, sporting events, bars, sit down restaurants and we can't get a haircut but many places remain open. I have been working my usual schedule and even some extra overtime. The county that I live in has about 72,000 population and we had been stuck with 11 positive cases for over a week, and had one new case on Monday. Tuesday I went to work at about 4:45 in the morning and they took my temperature like they have the last two weeks plus, I went in and around 10:00 some people were saying that a couple of coworkers had been tested and by about 3 we heard that they tested positive, at about 5:15 we had a department meeting and they said we were not to come to work until at least Friday as they were going to clean and disinfect the plant. Today on the news they said that 9 employees had tested positive and now the national guard is coming to town to do some mass testing. I also heard that any employee and there immediate family has to self quarantine for 14 days. Even with that the governor and mayor said they still want to get everything open as soon as possible, the governor extended the closures that are in place to April 30th and then go over it again and hopefully start opening up many of the businesses that have been forced to shut down, we will see what happens. I know that myself and many of my coworkers will go back to work as soon as we can.

snobuilder

I have been reading most of the posts about the Covid 19 pandemic and am glad that I live where I do. In ND we have the usual things shut down like schools, theaters, sporting events, bars, sit down restaurants and we can't get a haircut but many places remain open. I have been working my usual schedule and even some extra overtime. The county that I live in has about 72,000 population and we had been stuck with 11 positive cases for over a week, and had one new case on Monday. Tuesday I went to work at about 4:45 in the morning and they took my temperature like they have the last two weeks plus, I went in and around 10:00 some people were saying that a couple of coworkers had been tested and by about 3 we heard that they tested positive, at about 5:15 we had a department meeting and they said we were not to come to work until at least Friday as they were going to clean and disinfect the plant. Today on the news they said that 9 employees had tested positive and now the national guard is coming to town to do some mass testing. I also heard that any employee and there immediate family has to self quarantine for 14 days. Even with that the governor and mayor said they still want to get everything open as soon as possible, the governor extended the closures that are in place to April 30th and then go over it again and hopefully start opening up many of the businesses that have been forced to shut down, we will see what happens. I know that myself and many of my coworkers will go back to work as soon as we can.

Are these ppl sick as well or testing positive without symptoms?
If they test your entire plant/county this could be a good barometer for what sort of variety of symptoms the positive tested have had or not had. I hope they get a complete 4-6 month history from each tested person.

Last edited:

bearrassler

Are these ppl sick as well or testing positive without symptoms?
If they test your entire plant/county this could be a good barometer for what sort of variety of symptoms the positive tested have had or not had. I hope they get a complete 4-6 month history from each tested person.

The ones that tested positive were sick or showing signs of covid 19, it sounds like they are going to test just some of the 900 employees at first, mostly ones with contact to the 9 that tested positive, I just got done filling out a survey from the ND department of health and hope that I get tested as one of them is one that I work with some everyday, it would be great to test all 900 of us, maybe if some more test positive tomorrow they will test everyone

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Well... I'm doing just fine. Thank you for asking.

shine1.jpg

Been hanging out with my good friend Lloyd and having a few libations.
shine2.jpg

Doing a little remodeling and getting some exercize at the same time!
shine3.jpg

Also been able to spend a lot of time writing my book.
shine4.jpg

Here is what I have so far...
shine5.jpg

What do ya think?

shine6.jpg

goofy600

I’m staying away from Jacobsville looks like a crazy man lives around there! Lol very good John.

slimcake

John for the win!! LOL Down here we have only 1 case in our county. Lacrosse county just to our north has about 120,000 people has 26 cases with 23 recovered. No new cases in 5 days. Winona county on the other hand had a outbreak in a extended care facility. Just reported 21 new cases yesterday. 18 of them had ZERO symptoms. I wonder if we tested everyone in the USA how many we would have. I think the food packing plants shutting down is going to be a problem in the not so distant future. The breaks in the supply might send people into another freenzy.... Here is the state of 1 of my 3 freezers. Im probably good till 2022.... LOL freezer4-3-20.jpg

elf

Here in Duluth there's been 43 cases in St Louis Cty. At work we are plugging along, requiring face masks, temperature checks, we've created a gap between shift to allow us to disinfect the plant between shifts, adjusted break times so less people are interacting in the break room, created a second break area, created zones within the facility that people are not supposed to leave or travel between, everybody that can is working from home, etc... Doing everything we can and its worked so far. Had a fair amount of absenteeism when this all started but its been trending back down. The biggest thing though is its just exhausting trying to manage thru this.
As far as the home life my wife is working from home, my daughter is home from UW doing online, and my sons senior yr in high school is basically done and he is doing online. So I'm kind of relieved to be able to go to work each day!

favoritos

I have to check sometimes what day.
Interesting how some are doing the work schedules.
A friend that has been in the same plant for 30+ years basically doing the same hours is now working a completely new schedule.
It was a creative method to keep the shifts isolated from any contact. They have a 24hr operation and went to a three day - two shift schedule instead of 5-8s. The work had slowed down, so they could cut two days. They are clearing the facility and sanitizing between shifts. No cross shift contact. Apparently, the thinking is that if one crew does get sick they can isolate. I don't know all their schedule details, but I understand that they have an extra crew which makes sense. The extra crew was offered a package to stay at home and be ready if one of the teams needed to isolate.
There are some creative ideas out there.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I like: "Pretty soon the can is going to run out of road".

Will be sure to keep in handy for the right moments!

jonesin

down in lower mich we had a protest yesterday, my son was there and came back inspired, said it was amazing to see sooo many people wanting to get back to work and willing to stand up to governor wittless!
He said that people were respectful and friendly
Dont take the pics of guys with guns shown on news as what was going on, they hijacked the event for tv time, all the guys pulling boats with flags cracked me up!

On a different note, I have a friend that suprised with some brewery beer yesterday and found out her dad died last saturday.
He was 88, was in hospital for the first time weeks before Christmas but was never the same so went to live with one of the daughters. Went back to hospital couple times for issues in last few months and the last time was a week ago and he stayed for 4-5 days, was released from hospital and they finally found assisted living that would take him but he only lasted 4 days.
The doctors actually told her that it was going to be listed as a Covid death even though that was not the cause but because he had breathing issues it may have contributed, HE TESTED NEGATIVE!
Dont believe the numbers they give out
No flue deaths?
Every person that dies is contributed to covid if possible?
government paying a "bounty" on deaths labeled as covid? (I have not confirmed that to be honest but I heard a 30k figure)
Anyways, I dont know anyone personally with even a cold!
Have a good day, enjoy the snow up there!

Last edited:

kip

My dad lost a friend in Wisconsin a few days ago, if I remember correctly he as in his mid 60's. His family couldn't even see him or even attend his burial. They called it a COVID 19 death and buried him. So sad. The country is naive to so much that is going on.

mrbb

I think a lot of things are worse in some places than others and those in places where its rather mild, are not going to understand what its like in places with high numbers
I am 5 miles from a town that has over 8000 people with it!
and a state that has like 30,000 confirmed cases ,
so, its a little more severe in some places than others
and the worries I think that have things all screwed up ALL Over, is fear of folks traveling from higher hit area's into lower risk places and making them higher rate places!

things here went from a few folks a day to over 500-700+ people a day getting it
due to so few were staying indoors and following the stay at home rule in effect

SINCE they got the law enforcement involved in stopping folks and sending them home
things last 2 days have finally slowed down on cases growing as fast as they were

so again, based on where one is, , things might seem rather fine, but that isn;t every where, and , things CAN change real fast

again in less than a week here we went from under a 100 Cases to over 4,000
and that was in just one small area, not state wide!
and again here in PA< were at over 30k cases as of last I heard, and I don;t follow it that much to be honest, but hard to NOT hear things as seems all they talk about on news anymore!

Tracker

Well... I'm doing just fine. Thank you for asking.

View attachment 61599

Been hanging out with my good friend Lloyd and having a few libations.
View attachment 61600

Doing a little remodeling and getting some exercize at the same time!
View attachment 61601

Also been able to spend a lot of time writing my book.
View attachment 61602

Here is what I have so far...
View attachment 61603

What do ya think?

View attachment 61604

EXCELLENT JOHN....wife's has me remodeling and painting so we been like this...lol

xcr440

The doctors actually told her that it was going to be listed as a Covid death even though that was not the cause but because he had breathing issues it may have contributed, HE TESTED NEGATIVE!
Dont believe the numbers they give out

I have a friend who is a nurse at a Medicaid insurance company, and if the patient exhibits ANY of the symptoms, they are listed as COVID, even though a test WAS NEVER ADMINISTERED!!!

bearrassler

I have a friend who is a nurse at a Medicaid insurance company, and if the patient exhibits ANY of the symptoms, they are listed as COVID, even though a test WAS NEVER ADMINISTERED!!!

I think things like this have been going on for years, a friend of mines dad died about 15 years ago of lung cancer, he had never smoked in his life and they listed the cause of death as smoking

timo

Yah but if he worked in a bowling alley in Wis. it could be understandable. :)

I think things like this have been going on for years, a friend of mines dad died about 15 years ago of lung cancer, he had never smoked in his life and they listed the cause of death as smoking

WorkHardPlayHrd

If I don't go insane from this it will be a miracle! 5 kids at home 6th grade through senior year, and now the governor says no more school for the year. I don't know who was more upset. Me or the kids, because if they start fighting I send them to the barn to do physical labor. They want to go to school! On a positive note my husband's making great progress clearing fence lines. They start to annoy him and he goes and plays with the chainsaws.