Hurley Trail Update?

Skidoome2

Hello! Wife and I planning to head up to Hurley from the Iowa City, IA area tomorrow to ride. Any recent trail updates from riders would be appreciated to help us make the decision on the 8 hour drive being worth it. Thank you in advance!

hermie

Go on White Thunder riders to get a trail report. Very limited areas to ride but there is snow just realize it's probably around a 75 mile radius that has good enough snow and trails that trails are actually open. We are going to trailer up tomorrow but we are in St.Germain already so not much to loose. If it's no good we will just load them back up and head back to our house. If I were you maybe check into hayward I believe that would be a shorter drive.

hermie

Will give an update tomorrow after we hopefully put on some miles. Pretty sad we have to load them in a trailer from St.Germain in the end of December.

indy_500

I’m heading up there Friday for some trail riding. Know a few people who went up this past weekend. The rideable radius of good snow is fairly small, 50 miles to the west and 75 miles to the east maybe. Can’t go south. They said TONS of traffic, trails took a bit of a beating but hoping a few small snows, less weekly traffic, and some continual cold temps and grooming they should be halfway decent. It’s definitely early season riding.

Skidoome2

Thanks for the info. Gonna give it a rip. Be safe!

Go on White Thunder riders to get a trail report. Very limited areas to ride but there is snow just realize it's probably around a 75 mile radius that has good enough snow and trails that trails are actually open. We are going to trailer up tomorrow but we are in St.Germain already so not much to loose. If it's no good we will just load them back up and head back to our house. If I were you maybe check into hayward I believe that would be a shorter drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Will do. Gonna give it a rip!

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking the same. Thanks for the info! Be safe.

Longlegs

It’s early season riding. We crossed a few mud holes and open creeks. Lots of rocks showing. Lots of gravel on 77. Not sure if anybody is on the flowage. I wouldn’t be. I heard a group of sleds went thru down at Eagle river. Not even sure why they were out. Vilas is closed. We had a decent ride but there was a big difference from this morning to this afternoon.

hermie

Well we are out riding now like post says above you can ride but alot of rocks some pretty rough trails. The grade has tons of rocks. You want to ride you can ride but they need alot more snow. Looks to me there is going to better riding in southern Wi then what you find up here.