I have a chameleon hood, is there interest

snow1981

I picked up a 2000 Cat ZL 500 that had a color changing hood on it, chameleon hood. my question is,,,, should i leave the hood (near mint minus jsut one scratch) on the sled or should i put a differnt hood on it and try to sell chameleon hood, I heard these hoods are VERY spendy. just wondering what others would do. thank you

rakins800

I prefer the "all stock" look on my sleds,but as the saying goes,there is a <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> for every seat. I dont know much about Cats,but I'm guessing that hood is not factory original????

S

skylar

It was a factory option in 2000, but you had to snowcheck to get it.

I always thought they were pretty cool, whether or not you want take it off to make sure it doesn't get damaged, not sure, if it were me, i would leave it on because it is cool!

coldsmokejr

it's a "millenium" edition, and yes, they are expensive. If I were you, I'd leave it on the sled, really cool, and fairly rare to see in great shape.

snow1981

The sled itself is valued at 1500, should i ask for more since it does have the chameleon hood?? or leave it at that 1500 range.

ezra

I picked up one of those hoods for a buds wifes sled a 02 zl last year for under 100 used from a cat dealer at a swap

mezz

The iridescent hood is very cool, I really like the way it changes colors based on light. I would keep it as is, especially if it's in good condition. Nonetheless, it sure isn't going to take away from the sleds value.-Mezz