Ice Fishing

maddogg

SE WI Ice Fishing

Went out on Monona Bay in Madison on 12/30 from 1 until 7. 4 White bass for 2 guys.
Hit Okauchee on 1/2 from 8 until 2. 1 flag with no fish and a couple of very small perch for 4 guys. No cars on the ice yet as there is not enough ice.
Hit Pike lake on 1/3 from dawn until 9:30. Dead Sea. There were a lot of vehicles on the ice in the afternoon.
Seems like the cold spell has shut the fishing down.

starlaker

42" Musky

Fishing over Christmas break in northern vilas county we caught many walleye, not much size to them though biggest one measured 20" and one early afternoon fishing for Northern
my husband caught a 42" musky. To bad the season was closed and we had to let him go. Don't let the blood in the picture fool you he took off like a rocket as soon as his head hit the water. 47 years old and his 1st Musky. It was really a rush. Dawn

Attachments

• karls muskie.jpg
    karls muskie.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 63
  • 42muskie.jpg
    42muskie.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 69

john w

Nice Catch !!!!

That had to be a riot to catch,reel in hand over hand. To bad the season is closed, musky's taste great to eat !!!

starlaker

good ticker

He was so excited. It took alot to get him up to the hole and then to get him through it. He was glad he had left his gloves on or the line probably would have left a few marks. As soon as he seen it was a musky he grabbed it and wrapped his arms around it and took it down to the ice kinda of like giving it a big hug. He couldn't hardly speak he was so happy. I know he has a good ticker after all that excitement. He didn't vapor lock on me....Dawn

maddogg

Beaver Dam, WI

Went out on Beaver Dam on Sat. Drove straight out from The Springs Bar. 3 guys from 1 until 8. 2 flags - no fish.

I don't have a Vexilar, but for those that do, I've never heard a complaint. I've fished with guys who have them and they are invaluable. I'm going to buy an underwater camera though. Cabels'a has a new one out with a panning mode so you don't have to twist the cord.