If I read one more “will the warm up hurt the trails” question I’m gonna puke

xcr440

People, no one can tell you how a warm up is going to affect trail conditions until it happens. Waaaaay too many variables. And no one is an expert when it comes to snow melt. All we know is what is there will eventually melt, and if you didn’t get out and ride on it, that’s your own damn fault.

If you wanna ride, there is snow all over the north woods, get your sorry *** out here and find out for yourself!!!

Rant over.

G

G

It will be fine in the woods. If you put on a lot of miles driving around at gas stations it might get a little thin in places.

1fujifilm

Then go ahead and Puke, I cant make that drive to the western UP, the lower is where I ride and they have NO snow,

Competition for discretionary income also plays a role, I drive 4 hours to the Kee from Green Bay, WI but could take a non-stop flight to Vegas or Florida in a similar time and cost. A flight is not totally dependent on snow and trail conditions. Heck, no need for a 8k sled either.

Bear

snobuilder

I hear ya xcr 440....

PPl are out riding the local lake down here in SE WI as I speak...these are the real sledders...they know its time for the garage queens to fly!

Last edited:
The warm up will hurt the trails and people won't stay off of them which is worse for them. Not driving 6 hours for that.

1fujifilm

People, no one can tell you how a warm up is going to affect trail conditions until it happens. Waaaaay too many variables. And no one is an expert when it comes to snow melt. All we know is what is there will eventually melt, and if you didn’t get out and ride on it, that’s your own damn fault.

If you wanna ride, there is snow all over the north woods, get your sorry *** out here and find out for yourself!!!

Rant over.

Gonna be 45 degrees in the Kee today, YAHOO!
RRRalphhh, sorry I puked too.

Bear

Attak man

One day of 40 degrees isn't going to kill the trails...lots of snow out there...that being said...its impossible to gauge because their are several factors...amount of direct sunlight, trail base, and amount of traffic....anywhere from Tomahawk and to the north is decent..plan your routes out and away from high traffic areas, and you will be fine.

440_chazz

Getting to gas stations is bad, its like riding a continuous strip of stained underwear. I've been in three lakes since Wednesday. Friday certainly took a toll on the trails. I parked at 3:30 yesterday. We'll see what today brings. Certainly colder today.

whitedust

The warm up will hurt the trails and people won't stay off of them which is worse for them. Not driving 6 hours for that.

Yep I used to wonder why peeps don't stand down for a few hours thru thaws and rain ride a bar stool for awhile? NOT going to EVER happen! If riders paid to be here they are going to ride and the aftermath is what it is. No question in my mind ride them fresh and for as long as you can stand down when warm or raining stay off until goodish again.

snobuilder

It is official....3 terrible years in a row. Worse run ever since we decided to invest in building a northwoods base to ride out of.

Really depressing.

80 miles over 3 day new years trip. 90 miles today of crap riding.
Yes crap....because I can't sit here and rationalize it into something it isn't.
And we know how great it can be here.

The snow clubs up here are the best in the entire midwest but what can you do with little snow and 40 degrees once a week?

euphoric1

yes last three years have been miserable and i have to say this year has been the worst i think i have ever seen, and yes i will complain when conditions are bad but never towards the clubs, volunteers and fellow riders that make it happen year after year and make the best with what they have to work with with what they have to what ever mother nature has to hand to them, without them this sport couldn't exist, i know most riders even ones that dont belong to clubs know that it is primarily volunteer, no one gets paid for this yet they make it happen. it also goes way beyond just being unable to ride or not want to ride but think of all of the resort owners, bars, resturants, no matter how many people fish, hunt, four wheel i can guarantee that in the north woods when there is snow it is the busiest season of the year hands down and im sure it really hurts them as well and i think alot of people forget that, i live in south east wisconsin and usually it is our corner of the state that suffers and seems like there is a bubble over us but this year it is the entire state and that is really hard to see because weather you like snow or not there is alot of industries, local economies, and people who suffer because of it. i hope for everyone in this sport that february will turn a new leaf and winter will return and be consistent. but thanks to all who make it possible even when mother nature deals such an unlucky hand

Woodtic

I'm not coming up this weekend. The trails suck. Not to mention both White Castles have closed by me. I'm am scrambling to get Valentines reservations at one in the next town over. The chit just got real my friends!

snomoman

Oh to have a festering white castle in my innards getting ripe for a good old fart. How romantic for a valentine date. Can't wait to have a farting contest with my soulmate. The gas heating bill will be much lower that day.

snobuilder

Oh to have a festering white castle in my innards getting ripe for a good old fart. How romantic for a valentine date. Can't wait to have a farting contest with my soulmate. The gas heating bill will be much lower that day.

HMMMMMM....not that there is anything wrong with that....