Information On 2019 Releases??

maddogg

I love how everyone bashes every other sled maker. We've seen more evolution in sleds in the last 15 years then any other. Yet we as riders say this sucks or that's lame when most of the bashers sit at the bottom of the hill and never even come close to using their new sleds potential. Gotta love it.

old abe

I don't know what you mean?
Nobody asked why Polaris still uses a beaver tail when Doo deemed it a failure after one year 15 years ago?

Bear

HA, ha, ha!!! Now that's a good one fuji!!!!!!!!!!! And I like it!!!!!!!!!!!! We seen more evolution in the last 15 years for sure.

D

Deleted member 10829

I don't know what you mean?
Nobody asked why Polaris still uses a beaver tail when Doo deemed it a failure after one year 15 years ago?

Bear
You aren’t comparing SkiDoo’s beavertail to the current Polaris rear end are you? LOL Not even close to the same thing. Too bad you didn’t hang onto the one you bought and at least tried it.

1fujifilm

Are you saying Polaris PRO-XC rear suspension is a failure?

No.
But there is a compelling argument that Polaris could spend another $50 improving the fit and finish; I looked at one up close on the showroom last week and saw exposed rivets near the snow flap with a gap between each piece of aluminum I could stick a credit card in, visible radiator hoses and aluminum reinforcements that looked like they were cast inside a Mountain Dew can.
I then looked at the Ski-Doo next to it and the comparison was hard for any fan to ignore.

Bear

- - - Updated - - -

You aren’t comparing SkiDoo’s beavertail to the current Polaris rear end are you? LOL Not even close to the same thing. Too bad you didn’t hang onto the one you bought and at least tried it.

I should have kept that 2003 007 Beaver tail, that was too much!

Bear

journeyman

I have never owned a Polaris but it sounds like their current 800 isn't blowing up either. The Doo 800 and now 850 have quite a history to say the least.

I may have spoke too soon, a friend's kid who rides for Polaris was out west testing the new RMK 850 recently, it blew up with 16 miles on it. Sounds like Poo is diligently trying to figure out why.

I know why, 2 smokers blow up! Always have, always will!

snobuilder

I may have spoke too soon, a friend's kid who rides for Polaris was out west testing the new RMK 850 recently, it blew up with 16 miles on it. Sounds like Poo is diligently trying to figure out why.

I know why, 2 smokers blow up! Always have, always will!

4 year warranty is the comfy blanket they are including with spring order.

journeyman

4 year warranty is the comfy blanket they are including with spring order.

Hopefully it's a better program than Ski Doo's. BRP's is a whole new engine block, problem is they are out of the 850's replacement blocks this season. I saw a guy post the other day he was planning a trip last weekend but had to cancel because his 850 blew up under warranty and his dealer said Doo is out of them and he'll have to wait until next season.

1fujifilm

Hopefully it's a better program than Ski Doo's. BRP's is a whole new engine block, problem is they are out of the 850's replacement blocks this season. I saw a guy post the other day he was planning a trip last weekend but had to cancel because his 850 blew up under warranty and his dealer said Doo is out of them and he'll have to wait until next season.

If I an correct, Rotax is made in Austria and they could not even keep up with production for the 2016/2017 season when the Gen-4 launched. I didn't receive my pre-order until mid-December which was a debacle for those that had to see two U.P. storms hit while waiting for those sleds. Sad to see production has not caught up.

Bear

snobuilder

If I an correct, Rotax is made in Austria and they could not even keep up with production for the 2016/2017 season when the Gen-4 launched. I didn't receive my pre-order until mid-December which was a debacle for those that had to see two U.P. storms hit while waiting for those sleds. Sad to see production has not caught up.

Bear
So explain why there are leftover 850 sleds available at discount.....and WTH does Austria have to do with anything...are you calling them lazy?....LOL

1fujifilm

So explain why there are leftover 850 sleds available at discount.....and WTH does Austria have to do with anything...are you calling them lazy?....LOL

No, not lazy; why they do not have motors and blocks ready when needed by Ski-Doo hurts it's business.

Leftover 850's, possibly the clutching improvements needed that were partially made in the 2018 model by improving the belt and belt shield cooling. For 19 Ski-Doo will go even further and put cooling fins on the clutches further reducing heat for the MTN guys and hard riders, this could lead Ski-Doo to want to put any concerns of that behind them. For me, a rider that rides aggressive but rarely sees over 92 MPH I never had issues with my 17 or 18 850 Renegade and just rode, gassed and oiled and adjusted the belt and was immensely pleased by the sled.

Based on my research there are only a few left and those who buy what is left today will enjoy the fruits of the rebates in future years in resale.
It's like the old saying; "buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying".

Bear

snobuilder

No, not lazy; why they do not have motors and blocks ready when needed by Ski-Doo hurts it's business.

Leftover 850's, possibly the clutching improvements needed that were partially made in the 2018 model by improving the belt and belt shield cooling. For 19 Ski-Doo will go even further and put cooling fins on the clutches further reducing heat for the MTN guys and hard riders, this could lead Ski-Doo to want to put any concerns of that behind them. For me, a rider that rides aggressive but rarely sees over 92 MPH I never had issues with my 17 or 18 850 Renegade and just rode, gassed and oiled and adjusted the belt and was immensely pleased by the sled.

Based on my research there are only a few left and those who buy what is left today will enjoy the fruits of the rebates in future years in resale.
It's like the old saying; "buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying".

Bear

Wasn't the clutch cooling problem addressed between 2017 and 2018?

1fujifilm

Wasn't the clutch cooling problem addressed between 2017 and 2018?

2018 model improved the belt and belt shield etc. for cooling.
2019 will go even further by adding cooling fins on the clutches further reducing heat issues for extreme riders/conditions.

Bear

old abe

1fujifilm have you heard of any Doo demo rides??? I would be interested in the new 600R, and the 900/900T. All being in the G4.