inline 7'X 27' encolsed trailer owners- ski guides?

rozzy43

any owners put the ski guides down on the floors to protect the wood flooring from the carbides? if so, how has it worked out? also do you have the track mats down to? bought a inline 27ft this year and was thinking about this project in the spring if it has worked out well for others.

Thanks.

mrbb

I have used track mats and ski guides for yrs and wouldn;t want a trailer without them
replacing floors sucks LOL

there far from perfect however, and do trap water under them and can be slick to walk on

but if you have studded tracks , the stud mat's will add yrs of life to your floors! IMO

IF I was to do again, I would be using the traction ski guides they have now, they are a LOT less slick when wet or snow covered!
if not thru whole trailer at least use these on the doors/ramps!
I still prefer the more solid track mat's however, as there easier to sweep, than the one's with sections missing are IMO!

best time/place to buy these things , for me has been at snow shows, when they have them THERE and offer special pricing on them

IF you have a treated deck now in trailer, I would also recommend you do a new coat of waterproofing before you add them, as again, water and ice get under them and can sit for a while, so added layer of waterproofing isn't a bad idea!
all the more so if you already rode a few sleds with studs on floor and now have little pin holes LOL
use good stainless steel screws too when ever mounting them
GOOD track/ski guides will have slots, so things can move some as wood contracts and expands with temps!
there not really made to be super tight to floor!

favoritos

Used 1/4" plywood in the last trailer. It was shockingly easy to do.
Have used guides in other trailers. They do work. It is actually harder to move heavy sleds sideways when filling the trailer tight.(Have to slide the front around depending on configuration.) If you do glides in the trailer, use grip glides. Guides are the slipperiest part of the floor with snow/ice. Do you use the trailer for other purposes? Glides and mats do make it more challenging than a flat floor.

Our trailer is often loaded with ice and snow much of the winter. After awhile, it doesn't matter what is on the floor. That much water, from melting inside, was my biggest concern about using the thin plywood. The main floor has held up quite well. Usually park it tilted back and the water drains out as things melt.

skidont

I have mat tracks on front door for loading but nothing on the floor or rear door , Love my new 27 x 7 lightning

rozzy43

Used 1/4" plywood in the last trailer. It was shockingly easy to do.
Have used guides in other trailers. They do work. It is actually harder to move heavy sleds sideways when filling the trailer tight.(Have to slide the front around depending on configuration.) If you do glides in the trailer, use grip glides. Guides are the slipperiest part of the floor with snow/ice. Do you use the trailer for other purposes? Glides and mats do make it more challenging than a flat floor.

Our trailer is often loaded with ice and snow much of the winter. After awhile, it doesn't matter what is on the floor. That much water, from melting inside, was my biggest concern about using the thin plywood. The main floor has held up quite well. Usually park it tilted back and the water drains out as things melt.

I have mat tracks on front door for loading but nothing on the floor or rear door , Love my new 27 x 7 lightning

Favoritos : doubt it will be used much in the summer except for some storage. I'm definitely looking at putting down mats and glides on the doors.

skidont : same trailer as I got, just trying to get it to last 22yrs like my 4 place open has!.

favoritos

Rozzy43, It is an easier decision without dual use consideration.
Glides on the doors helped a lot. The doors don't get covered with ice/snow. I have used old hyfax cut and bolted across the door for grip.
DSC00570.jpg
The sheet material is HDPE and you can see how much it expands with heat. I would not recommend smooth sheet. It is extremely slippery.
Heat expansion is something to keep in mind if you do glides the full length of a 27' trailer. Most glides come in short sections. Not a bad idea to leave a little room between sections.

indy_500

I just ran ski guides on the outside edge with no track mats on the floor and ski guides with track mats on the ramps on my stealth inline when i had it. Worked good, floor was good, keep in mind though it only saw mountain sleds with no studs and nothing more than the factory 4" carbides.

G

G

Caliber. Google it. Good stuff. Looks and works good. If you spent money on a nice trailer don't make it look bush with a bunch of pieced together crap.

euphoric1

the person I purchased my trailer from painted the floor with a epoxy coating as well as some anti slip in it as well and from his use there were only surface scratches on the coating, I run a little more carbide not to mention one of my sleds has 200+ studs, ended up putting conveyor belt on pull down door for traction, but also pondered ski guides but when you have three sleds staggered not sure how that would work and as someone else had mentioned lifting and moving sleds out of some of those guides can be a pain in the butt. I invested in a few pairs of SLP slide on ski boots which so far have worked very well and with less friction or digging in floor from carbide runners the sled with studs no longer spins out on trailer floor.

samc

I put ski guides down on the doors only (we put 3 144's and a 121 in a 23 ft enclosure and ski guides would make that difficult) but than 1/4" plywood down and then used Rhino Lining down on that. Holds up fantastic!