IQ Carbides

megan600

Ok, I'm stumped.

I have a 2009 Polaris IQ. I'm attempting to buy a new set of carbides and for the life of me I can not find any that fit. At the dealership and also another parts supplier they show in the system a 3 bolt piece that is supposed to fit for my sled. Unfortunately mine is a 4 bolt piece with smaller diameter of bolts and the diameter of the bar overall.

I was at the parts store for an hour going through every carbide that Woodys makes, and then looked at all the charts they had for other brands. None of them measure the same.

Has anyone came across this problem? Something so simple is getting to be a bit ridiculous. I can drill out the ski to make these other ones fit, but i hate to go that route quite yet.

indy_500

post a pic of your ski's, they may be aftermarket. After one look of the ski's, one of us will be able to tell you what they are.

megan600

I dont have much of a picture of my skis right now, this is the only one I have, but I'll take a better one in the morning. Too dark in the trailer.

Also, I bought this sled brand new so the skis on it are the ones that came direct from Polaris.

Thanks!

Attachments

• P1020916.jpg
    P1020916.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 31

lh7018

Try going here http://www.bergstromskegs.com/wr/wr_main.htm and peruse the drawing sections for both the Polaris and the aftermarket skis to see if one will match up. Some have pictures and dimensions, others have only the dimensions in a drawing form. Even if you choose not to purchase the Bergstrom skegs at least the pictures or drawings may be able to give you an idea what ski you have.

Last edited:

Dave_B

The Woodys should work. You'll just have an extra hole. If you haven't put them on yet, check with a Polaris dealer to match the part numbers. I've been using Woody'd dualies on my sleds for years and never had an issue. Dennis Kirks or Woodys website would be a good place to check to match up the parts that will fit.

I have an 07 IQ.I wanted to use the Kimpex jagged edge wear bars. They did not make them to fit mine. So i compared my stock wear bars with the Polaris style Jagged edge. They were a three bolt as well, but the three bolts lined up with my back three bolts. I bought them and welded a stud to the bar for the front bolt. I like them a lot, they seem to be a nice wear bar. I did not have to drill out my skis either. I am sure Woodys makes a runner for this sled, but I wasn't impressed with their product.

indyxcr

Same problem, Woody's didn't work, I have a 2009 800 Dragon, get the stud boys square bars 4 holes fits perfect. They bite like you are on rails, best carbides I have ever owned. I have had Woody's over the years these are much better.