Is it Ever Going to Snow Again?

blkhwkbob

Seems like a month since a good snowfall in the Wisconsin Northwoods, with little in sight. I really don't know how the groomers do it with the little they have. Praying for snow.

dfattack

and now I'm seeing 10-15 inches for Chicago area Tuesday thru Thursday. What a waste. Sorry for anyone who wants to ride down here but it's so short lived. that snow should be up where it will at least stick around for a longer period of time!

pclark

We have been getting an inch, a 1/2", a dusting almost everyday so its enough to lubricate things. Its also been pretty cold and the trails have such a good base. we have Monday and Tuesday around 30 degrees this coming week so we'll see a little melting i'm sure but then it gets cold again. pretty sandy snirty around the towns because of the sand mixture they put on the roads up here. it has been awhile since our last decent snow.

indy_500

The entire state of Wisconsin essentially went an entire month without getting a meaningful snowfall. Can’t say I recall this happening in years past. All of central WI has been 4-6” away from opening trails, with cold weather for a month straight, frustrating to say the least!

durphee

Rode Hayward this past weekend. Definitely thin but rideable. I could have used some scratchers crossing the lakes, the snow is pretty hard. Trail corners were icy but really the trails were in descent shape. Slides might have taken a little beating but they are easily replaceable ! I live in Illinois where we are getting (possibly) some really good snow...i still call it wasted snow, it would be better utilized up north.

blkhwkbob

Rode Hayward this past weekend. Definitely thin but rideable. I could have used some scratchers crossing the lakes, the snow is pretty hard. Trail corners were icy but really the trails were in descent shape. Slides might have taken a little beating but they are easily replaceable ! I live in Illinois where we are getting (possibly) some really good snow...i still call it wasted snow, it would be better utilized up north.
Durphee, heading up tomorrow. Are the restaurants staffed and open serving full menus? Any recommendations?

wisco-mb

I was up there 3 weeks ago. At that time, Sawmill saloon in Seeley was closed due to staff having covid. There was one other place outside of town(sorry I cannot remember). It was all just temporary, so should be good now. I guess you never know which ones could be shut down though.

East of town, we ate at Blackiron bar & grill, and Louie's landing, good stuff. Wayside just north of Hayward was good also.

hemi_newman

Sawmill is open along with pretty much everything. Wayside is closed on Monday’s and Tuesday’s. Some may have limited hours though.

Last edited:

durphee

Durphee, heading up tomorrow. Are the restaurants staffed and open serving full menus? Any recommendations?
Ill give another nod to Blackiron (hes a Chicago guy), good food nice place. We didn't run into any place actually closed due to staffing, or at least the ones we went to. Some places that I like to frequent are Trails End and Anglers Haven on Lac Courte Oreilles, Twin Lakes Pub for some drinks, we went to Staudemeyer Four Seasons on Lake Namekagon, reel livin resort on Lake Lost Land Lake (i think), the usual Chief Lake Lodge and Pats Landing and a newer one which i really recommend for a cool stop or drink is Shady Nook just south of Deerfoot. I hope this helps a bit and you have a great ride!