Is it worth it?

olsmann

Snow checking. Specifically Polaris. So I'm needing a new sled for my wife. Indy 600 ES. I found one of the very last 2014's in reasonable driving distance for $7599. But really really wanna see what poo has up there sleeve for 2015. But am afraid I'll miss out on the 14. I haven't checked one in years Am I gonna basically pay a grand more for the same sled and by the time I pick it up in October the dealers will already whoreing them out for cheaper than I snow checked for? I don't need any of the free accessories but do like the chance for more warranty.

I would hate to pick up my 15 and see guys already being able to buy them cheaper than I just snow checked for

snobuilder

IMO snowchecking is for ppl who need a distraction for 7 months....Face it, we've all seen used spring check sleds for sale mentioning the "spring only" features of there sled....by then it is old news...big whoop.

I can buy leftover sleds from ALL the mannys right now. Just a fact.

Where are you located?....there are a couple Indy6's available in SE WI ...pull start though.

Three pulls max on my 2013 indy 600 SP. I don't need ES...I bought this sled for it's light weight, not creature comforts..and it delivers...what a hoot!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
So as I understand it you have 3 choices here; you can buy a 2014 now, you can Snow Check a 2015 now, or you can wait until Fall to bring it home. I never really got that "snow check" thing. Guys that work with financials will tell you the longer you hold on to your money or avoid payments, the better. We know they incent with warranties and BNG but you're essentially getting the same machine as the guys that wait until the snow flies and like you said, they may be priced less than you pay in the spring. Tough call, personally I'd wait but that's just me.

vmax1994

You don't put much money down on a Snow Check and don't make payments. Some models are only available spring order - that is the only reason why I would do it. For example, the only way you can get a Ski-Doo Freeride is to spring order.

bearrassler

I snow checked my last sled, a 2012, and there was almost no snow that winter. You could find sleds like mine for less money but not with the 4 year warranty, and you also got a 12 month no interest deal and can just pay it off when that is up. With that you only have to pay 500.00 until late October and then minimum payments until the following October so you can hold on to your money for a long time. I will probably snow check again mainly for the 4 year warranty.

I would never order a sled in the spring unless it was order only sled( skidooX). Buy the 2014 if u are happy with the price, there won't be many left overs in the fall. And I doubt they change the Indy 600

whitedust

I would never order a sled in the spring unless it was order only sled( skidooX). Buy the 2014 if u are happy with the price, there won't be many left overs in the fall. And I doubt they change the Indy 600

X2... I would not sweat an Indy 600 ES standard build sled probably change BNG or something small but improved. The whole point of the Indy is cookie cutter sled all the same to keep price down. If I was buying Indy it would be all about price & after sale service.

olsmann

Price I found is for NON Sp wih elec start $7599 1 year warranty It seems high but fining a 14 new with es in seeing sasquatch in Wi

ezra

imho 7599 for a non sno pro is very high in march.
heck I am on the fence if I want to buy a new 13 or new 14 right now just got to search deep.
no one is going to buy that 14 indy for full retail in march
I don't think I would even buy a non sp indy for the extra scratch it is so worth finding the sp