Is winter over???

POLARIS TURBO

*** here in illinois we have had a blizzard with 20" of snow and now grass for the last 2 weeks !! Im ready to put the sled away !! It seems everybody has poor conditions !! Sucks

rmk4ever

That's Illinoy's for you, ... we still have the snow on the ground that fell before thanksgiving here!!! It's been a good season for northen MN, so far 2800 miles this season & more going on tomorrow, after I get my Y pipe back from the welder!!!:D

oldguy

This has been a weird year for northern WI and parts of the UP. In December John started a thread about northern MN and why nobody is talking about it. Conditions in the northeastern part of MN have been unbelievable all winter. The lakes and rivers slushed up a bit for awhile, but that was only for about 2 or 3 weeks. The melt down in February just messed up the off trail powder, but actually I think the trails benefited from the warm spell. Last week we put on 400 miles, the conditions were the best I have seen them this year. That is saying a lot because the conditions have been great since the 2 week of December.

Every year for the last 10 years, except spring of 2010, we always ride from the 2rd week of December thru St Patty’s day. We may not have several feet of snow on the ground like portions of the UP get every year, but if you’re a die hard trail rider you can always head up here to get your sledding fix all winter long.

F

fusion

Fat lady is half way through her song for this year.
I think it's over. Anything we get would be a bonus but I'm not holding my breath.

POLARIS TURBO

What a bummer !! I only put on 450 miles !! Looks like mn is the place to go right now??? My fiance was talking about going there and then going to the biggest mall deal!! Hey whatever it takes.

bigvin

Ugh!

Fat Lady had sang and was gone
Right at New Years in my area.
Worse year for snow that I can remember.
Only had the chance to make it to da U.P. Twice this year.
Every snow we had that COULD have mattered,... was accompanied
with very strong winds. Nothing "stuck" to trails.
Oh Well.
:)

550 miles here ,once to the yoop .Mostly lower southwest MI few times and lower WIS. Looking to go out again I hope its not done yet......

Last edited:

catalac

Ah BOO HOO! "I only have such and such miles on, and only two or three rides up north." Wel I got totally stiffed from riding this year, by my so called buddy's. "Can't go, my wife has hemoroids." " My dog ate the news paper." ect. ect.! Well if Johns forecast holds true, I'm going to my freinds cabin in Presque Isle, with or without anyone! If my sled breaks on the trail, I'll walk! I don't care, at least I'll be UP NORTH!!!!
PS. I didn't mean anything bad to you fellas.

windingtrailgal

I think I know what happened to W UP this year as far as snow...we bought a house up there in October. I'll take the blame! We had more snow down here in Chitown area than the Keewenaw did for the month of Feb - and I live in an urban area with NO WHERE to ride! sigh

It's like that when my mom in law gives us a time share week in the northwoods of WI...more often than not it's unseasonably warm! If I don't show up? Snows it's butt off!

Oldguy - am gonna have to see if she can give us a time share in northern MN next year...but then again, I'll bring a warm up with me and ruin your 10 years running! ;)

POLARIS TURBO

I think I know what happened to W UP this year as far as snow...we bought a house up there in October. I'll take the blame! We had more snow down here in Chitown area than the Keewenaw did for the month of Feb - and I live in an urban area with NO WHERE to ride! sigh

It's like that when my mom in law gives us a time share week in the northwoods of WI...more often than not it's unseasonably warm! If I don't show up? Snows it's butt off!

Oldguy - am gonna have to see if she can give us a time share in northern MN next year...but then again, I'll bring a warm up with me and ruin your 10 years running! ;)

thats funny right there!!!

rmk4ever

Another 240 here in the last 2 days...More miles on sled this yr then trailering, and chasing snow. Usually do 3000 4000 per yr on truck & trailer.

russholio

Wel I got totally stiffed from riding this year, by my so called buddy's. "Can't go, my wife has hemoroids." " My dog ate the news paper." ect. ect.!

My situation exactly the last 2 years. If my wife wasn't such a fiend about riding, I'd have had the grand total of 0 miles!

pman

Ah BOO HOO! "I only have such and such miles on, and only two or three rides up north." Wel I got totally stiffed from riding this year, by my so called buddy's. "Can't go, my wife has hemoroids." " My dog ate the news paper." ect. ect.! Well if Johns forecast holds true, I'm going to my freinds cabin in Presque Isle, with or without anyone! If my sled breaks on the trail, I'll walk! I don't care, at least I'll be UP NORTH!!!!
PS. I didn't mean anything bad to you fellas.

That's the spirit catalac. I can't keep track of all the excuses some of the "guys" come up with for not going. Let their sleds sit and rot, I go find other people to go with. I was in Mass City last weekend, rode north of there, and it was awesome!

arcticgeorge

Could be some good snow for the Northwoods and the UP tuesday night and wednesday . Looking forward to John's forecast monday.

knobrega

*** here in illinois we have had a blizzard with 20" of snow and now grass for the last 2 weeks !! Im ready to put the sled away !! It seems everybody has poor conditions !! Sucks

I live west of minneapolis and the trails are still good.... but next week may tell another story!