Ishpeming area Trail Reports PLEASE!!!!..........

danzo

Hey Guys...
We have a trip planned to go to Ishpeming n ride for a extended weekend starting this Thursday 1- 14 -21. Its beeb very hard to get a trail report on the conditions there. Has anyone been there recently?? How is the snow depth in the area? If its not the best will have to re plan and got up to Houghton. Any reports are apprecitated...THANKS!!!!

Moderators do you think you could remind these people to put their reports in the right sections not in here were this is a snowfal report? Thank you

danzo

Moderators do you think you could remind these people to put their reports in the right sections not in here were this is a snowfal report? Thank you

Snow Report..Trail Report...same thing. To make you happy I ll reword it.....How much snow is on the trails in Ishpeming.

WorkHardPlayHrd

The reason you want it in trail reports is because if someone comes on here quick to check or update trail reports they will go straight to trail reports. They could miss it in snowfall reports. Sorry I have no info on Ishpeming trails for you.

Oh well I guess you can’t read, go back to the page and see what snowfall reports is for and it tells you specifically not to put reports on this page but whatever!!

D

Deleted member 10829

pwolfy2003 is correct. Doesn't matter if you re-word it danzo, snowfall reports are for daily snowfall amounts. This belongs in Area Conditions and Information.

D

Deleted member 10829

How is your recovery coming pwolfy2003? You picked a good year to miss most of the season.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

Not exactly the same area,but close. We rode from Lando through Sidnaw across trail 8 to the east to Champion down to Republic and it was definately rideable now Republic through Crystal Falls and Iron River back to Watersmeet was another story...That was on the 6th..

Coming along good Mark ,Just ready to try some icefishing, I will not be riding this whole year, and yes if it had to be this year it is a good year to not ride, I feel bad for you guys though!

just_ride

Not exactly the same area,but close. We rode from Lando through Sidnaw across trail 8 to the east to Champion down to Republic and it was definately rideable now Republic through Crystal Falls and Iron River back to Watersmeet was another story...That was on the 6th..
that last stretch CF, IR, W had to be brutal.....

bayfly

We have a small group planning to head up to Koski Corners for a day ride on Sunday. From the weather radar it looks like they have been getting snow, but can anyone confirm the conditions from Koski Corners to Big Bay? Thanks!

dfattack

I'm not aware of any reports but that's one of my favorite runs. trail 5 north to big bay. Wish i was doing that now..

bayfly

I will give a report tomorrow. The gas station said they had 6 " of fresh snow before today. It was supposed to snow tonight and a bit tomorrow. Hoping for good conditions!

EXCESSIVE FORCE

We have a small group planning to head up to Koski Corners for a day ride on Sunday. From the weather radar it looks like they have been getting snow, but can anyone confirm the conditions from Koski Corners to Big Bay? Thanks!

I hate going to that gas station and after this last trip it's off our list !!!

bayfly

I will give a report tomorrow. The gas station said they had 6 " of fresh snow before today. It was supposed to snow tonight and a bit tomorrow. Hoping for good conditions!

We did a quick trip today from Koski Korners to Big Bay and back. We went up and back on 5 since we did not expect any other trails would be much better. The trail was far from great. Thin spots and rocks in some area. A few water spots but nothing serious. Obviously the trail had been ridden quite a bit and hadn't been groomed, but really there is not a lot to groom anyway. My expectations were not high but it was better than I expected. There was more snow in the higher elevations than I was anticipating, but not any base off the trail. We had a freezing drizzle most of the day that was annoying. If you are headed to Big Bay, don't expect a hot meal. We were told at the gas station that no bars or restaurants were serving anything, so we did not venture into town. I was glad we made this first trip of the season, but I sure hope they get some snow!