It’s deep guys!

indy_500

Well, the lake effect snow machine has been turned on full blast the last 2 weeks in the snow belts of the western UP and the Keweenaw! Tons of consistent 4-8” snows that have flown under the radar, to the point everyone I’m telling doesn’t believe me. I was up last Sunday, it nuked snow all day while riding, about an inch an hour with great existing conditions and ~45-50” in the woods. Sunday into Sunday nights event supplied 8”, Wednesday they got 6”, Wednesday night another 6” Thursday night into Friday got another 4” with somewhere around 55-60” in the woods, yes that would be 5 feet! (Keep in mind this Lake Effect Snow settles, A LOT, even as little as 24 hrs after falling) Just got back from riding all day today, and have to say, this is about as good as it gets for UP backcountry riding, boy am I sore and out of shape! A lot of the pics I tried inserting are too large but here’s 2 of them, notice them banks on the side of trail 3! BEED6C0B-443D-461A-A454-5FF376B8D9B5.jpeg C25AC8C3-C798-4E0B-A8A2-A90A75094F00.jpeg

pclark

Nice pics!, not a back country guy, too old for that, but it's great trail riding over in Vilas County, WI as well.

meoget

It is deep in the Keweenaw! I just got my Riot buried in epic fashion somewhere in the woods (up to the handlebars...... don't ask, because I don't have a good answer). So epic, that I said the heck with it and left it there. That was a LOOOOONG walk through that deep snow. Not looking forward to doing that again, but it had to happen sooner or later.

Solo off-trail riding is something those smart fellers tend to avoid.