Its Started

SledTL

Seen a handful of listings on CL and marketplace stating, "just bought this 2-3 months ago for X price, I am firm on it so don't bother making an offer." How long are the idiots gonna hold onto their ridiculous inflated prices for a depreciating asset? If you have a nice limited use item sure it might be worth it, otherwise it ain't!

snobuilder

When looking at used UTV's that's what I was seeing as well.
Inflation is real whether actual or imagined.
My 2021 buggy is $1000 more for 2022. 8.25% hike.

indy_500

Wait until Dictator Biden releases the next series of lockdowns in the next week or 2... prices will keep going up and up... 

4kops

Small business and this country will not survive another lock down. Im sure some way out their folks will start a revolt

xcr440

Can't happen, no way people will put up with this again. Stay home if you are SKART - but that is not the answer out of this.

SledTL

When looking at used UTV's that's what I was seeing as well.
Inflation is real whether actual or imagined.
My 2021 buggy is $1000 more for 2022. 8.25% hike.

I get that brand new stuff is going to be more expensive and therefore drives used prices up, but still used is used especially recreation vehicles that get piss pounded.

snobuilder

I get that brand new stuff is going to be more expensive and therefore drives used prices up, but still used is used especially recreation vehicles that get piss pounded.
<br>
 yep, got CL ads asking msrp on a 10 year old Poolaris.lol

whitedust

Hold your breath when you look at new trailers prices skyrocketed. Product starting to ship to dealers that had zippo for stock. Idk if customers are willing to pay such steep increases?

fish633

In 6 months inflation will be so hot the fed will have no choice but to raise interest rates as quikly as possible without destroying the world economy.That means anybody with an ARM or Heloan will be missing alot of extra cash.The rec vehicles will be a dime a dozen at that point.

snobuilder

Hold your breath when you look at new trailers prices skyrocketed. Product starting to ship to dealers that had zippo for stock. Idk if customers are willing to pay such steep increases?

Much of that was due to the criminal price that speculators jacked up the wholesale price of lumber.
Good news is , lumber is now dropping faster than it went up. ….and treated is leading the way.
PT 4x4x8 $7.98......lowest in 10 years.

OSB is finally dropping as well…..about $20.00 a sheet for 1/2" this morning.....topped out over $50.00

Hoosier

You aren't kidding on that. I've been looking for a smaller trailer to move one or possibly two sleds around with. Used ones are sky high - at least asking prices. New ones just seem ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

In 6 months inflation will be so hot the fed will have no choice but to raise interest rates as quikly as possible without destroying the world economy.That means anybody with an ARM or Heloan will be missing alot of extra cash.The rec vehicles will be a dime a dozen at that point.

Trouble is with the debt so high their hands are tied. Uncharted territory for sure. Sounds like they are getting ready to print a bunch more for "infrastructure." Last time there was any restraint was when Bill and Newt were duking it out...

xcr440

Much of that was due to the criminal price that speculators jacked up the wholesale price of lumber.
Good news is , lumber is now dropping faster than it went up. ….and treated is leading the way.

OSB is finally dropping as well…..about $20.00 a sheet for 1/2" this morning.....topped out over $50.00

The local yard that supplies builders around here doesn't even have room for another semi to pull into the yard, they are parking on the road and running it in the yard with fork lifts - plywood and OSB stacked everywhere! I've never seen so much supply at this place by me.

As for the power sports inventory, I know 6 or 7 guys that snowchecked a new sled - they are not selling the old one until the new one arrives. Could be a mini-boom in supply this fall/early winter.

whitedust

Trailer OEMs had to restart from the ground up. Welders , wood ,metal , electronics , tires you name it they were out. Orders came in with prices to dealers tbd. Dealers backs to the wall had zippo to sell so just placed orders blind to get some product. Currently finished trailers are shipping and I was shocked my enclosed trailer increased by 40%. Idk if theses prices will hold go up or down but took my breath away. I’m real happy I bought mine last year during the pandemic slim pickings but I found what I needed and I would not pay current pricing for new. Imo certain products will suffer sticker shock and inventory will back up. Time will tell what’s next.

euphoric1

Wait until Dictator Biden releases the next series of lockdowns in the next week or 2... prices will keep going up and up...*

And then we will just print more money and bail everyone out again, there is much more going on here besides the shut downs, a week ago 400,000 new people applied for unemployment, a week later we created 930,000 new jobs, which is it???? i still see places with hiring signs and bonuses all over the place yet, Unemployment down to 5%... WHERE????? we are in such a false economy, spending hasn't stopped, look what happened in 08 and we haven't learned our lesson yet, these numbers and growth are FALSE and when the poop hits the fan.. what will we have then? so many people will be upside down in from everything from cars to homes, then what?? whispers of a big announcement coming mid month, cant wait! look at what's going on around the world, things getting better??? keep drinking the koolaid people, the worst is yet to come. FYI... anyone planning on attending Summerfest has to have a vaccination card or a proof of a negative test from 3 days before attending. Here we go folks!! read the science, none of it makes sense. Lets hope things change at mid terms...if we make it that far

hemi_newman

And then we will just print more money and bail everyone out again, there is much more going on here besides the shut downs, a week ago 400,000 new people applied for unemployment, a week later we created 930,000 new jobs, which is it???? i still see places with hiring signs and bonuses all over the place yet, Unemployment down to 5%... WHERE????? we are in such a false economy, spending hasn't stopped, look what happened in 08 and we haven't learned our lesson yet, these numbers and growth are FALSE and when the poop hits the fan.. what will we have then? so many people will be upside down in from everything from cars to homes, then what?? whispers of a big announcement coming mid month, cant wait! look at what's going on around the world, things getting better??? keep drinking the koolaid people, the worst is yet to come. FYI... anyone planning on attending Summerfest has to have a vaccination card or a proof of a negative test from 3 days before attending. Here we go folks!! read the science, none of it makes sense. Lets hope things change at mid terms...if we make it that far
They will figure out a way to rig the midterms just like they did for the 2020 election. Yet they want us to show proof of the Chinavirus shot but cannot show an ID to vote?

They will figure out a way to rig the midterms just like they did for the 2020 election. Yet they want us to show proof of the Chinavirus shot but cannot show an ID to vote?

Looks like a political post to me. Oh wait! This site has a double standard. They ban me for this slightest political statement and others get away with things just as political as what I said.

snomoman

Looks like a political post to me. Oh wait! This site has a double standard. They ban me for this slightest political statement and others get away with things just as political as what I said.

Ahh Midwest player if you could just troll troll troll and not post the world could be a happier place, it was nice not hearing from you for a month, keep it up

SledTL

Cmon y'all I just wanted to talk about people who bought used at inflated prices and are trying to pass an even more used item for the same price or close to it, because they were dumb enough to buy in the first place. We all know that the political world is F'd, beating a dead horse here. NEED SNOW.